• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL negotiations update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
for the TWA pilots while making eyes at the APA.

And now you've the Feds involved due to the atrocities that AA and it's unions committed against the TWA folk.

stlflyguy

Are you kidding? You need to stop using USA Today as your only source of news. Had AA not taken over TWA, TWA would have been nothing more than a post-9/11 memory slowy parted out piecemeal on ebay.

Sounds arrogant doesn't it? They must think they are better than us and deserve more.

Well, a lot of them are better pilots.....they fly with round dials and guess which way the wind is blowing, and then fly a heading! Isn't that CRAZY! I just use the magic box and it takes me there.... They have to guess or even ask for help..... Those are flying skills you CANNOT erase....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sounds arrogant doesn't it? They must think they are better than us and deserve more.
It may be the realization that they can easily be crazier, less rational and more combatant than the Delta pilots. Sometimes the child that screams the loudest gets the candy bar.

They demanded the goodies without the SLI. Appears they are going to get Moak's goodies, then try to knock a home run against Moak's team in the SLI games.

'eh, no. Not even close.

$50 v/s $30 now. $81 v/s $58 in a few months 0 to 5% v/s 11% just between mi amigo and me. 40% v/s "nothing I aint already got" isn't "the same level."

You're welcome for our negotiating capital. Now come and get our seniority.

Now I better run along, eat some grass and be a good sheeple. Sorry Occam, baa'aa baa'aa, this sure is yummy grass....

Bottom line, I have confidence in both MEC's and I'm a grass eater. But, at least be honest - this is a heck of a windfall for you.

I am not going to try and argue my points because honestly we are going to see it differently. In my opinion i would have been happy as hell to stay a stand alone carrier at my pay nwa payscales for the time being then merge but thats not reality anymore. To try and argue my/your points has now become irrelevant because we have already argued them over and over. Like i have told you before both or our MECs are full of smart people who KNOW all the facts unlike the FI source. Why are you being so dramatic all of a sudden? ;) Are you done with training and waiting on OE? Congrats on being done!

It may be the realization that they can easily be crazier, less rational and more combatant than the Delta pilots. Sometimes the child that screams the loudest gets the candy bar.

They demanded the goodies without the SLI. Appears they are going to get Moak's goodies, then try to knock a home run against Moak's team in the SLI games.

So Fins,

I'm going to ask you the same thing here as I did in the other thread:

1) Is it your position that the contract and the SLI be linked? If so, why?

2) If the SLI is NOT part of the joint contract, why do you feel this is a bad thing?

From our perspective, everyone gets their pay raises why we work out what could be a lengthy process. The NWA guys have already been accused of costing DAL pilots money...do you want that to continue? Do you want one side or the other to hold the whole thing hostage like the AWA/AAA deal?

From the sounds of it, you seem uncertain your side could prevail in negotiations or arbitration. That's quite a switch in positions.

The deal is getting done, and a GOOD joint agreement (better than LOA 19) between DAL and NWA pilots exists. Why the complaints?

Nu

Heyas Nu:

I'll try to be consistent in my answers:

1) I think the answer is yes, they ARE linked. We will only know for sure when we see the language. But the joint contract will most likely have language that preempts our options to defend an SLI award.

2) See above.

Pointing out that the NWA pilots are getting exactly what they wanted in February is just pointing out the obvious; your side won. The Delta side helped you - proving it was never LOA 19's intent to lock your side out.

It is too early to know, but it seems that analysis of previous arbitration awards has convinced many Delta pilots that arbitration might provide a better outcome than what was on the table. I dunno - from where I sit everything will hinge on how displacements are handled.

Last edited:
Heyas Nu:

I'll try to be consistent in my answers:

1) I think the answer is yes, they ARE linked. We will only know for sure when we see the language. But the joint contract will most likely have language that preempts our options to defend an SLI award.

Heyas Fins,

Um, you didn't answer my question. My bad...let me re-phrase:

Why do you THINK they should be linked?

Opinons are ok...I won't bite...

Nu

Nu:

I don't have an opinion. I like the idea of parity / equality ASAP.

Nu:

I don't have an opinion. I like the idea of parity / equality ASAP.

I think he was implying Your previous comments make it look like you want the above ^^^^^ as long as you get the SLI included in the deal. That makes it appear that you want it that way so you can continue the strongarm unstead of take it one step at a time making it as equal and "Fair" as possible.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back