NWA?DAL deal rumored within 2 weeks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mongo just pawn, in game of life.

Delta and NWA merge and also announce a seperate holding company. With this holding company, UA is purchased, split, parted and is history domestic assets sold to CAL, international assets kept sold to the DAL/NWA mainline.

No one injured.....

Relax Francis, this was one of tanker clowns finest moments!
Besides, nobody was injured in the making of this avatar!

No one was injured in making you a moron, either, General Lee!

(for anyone not aware-this is the same clown who posts here as General Lee-God could never have madetwo separate people this stupid!)

My biggest worry is base closures. DTW, MEM, CVG, and SLC. Which of those will go is what I would like to know. I also would bet that the DC-9's will go even if they are paid off. DCI and the NWA connection carriers have a good number of CR9's that could cover alot of that flying much cheaper than keeping the 9's.

You are worried that DTW will close. Sorry dude, but, are you high??????? That is NWA's biggest hub. Extremely efficient too. As for the CR9 being more efficient than a 9, doubt it. Fill that CR9 with 90 seats and lets see how much fuel or bags you can take on a hot day. Plus, add to that the lease. The overheads are tiny. You can probably fit a purse or a fanny pack. Believe me , if it was a better plane, it would have been bought in bigger numbers.

As for the CR9 being more efficient than a 9, doubt it. Fill that CR9 with 90 seats and lets see how much fuel or bags you can take on a hot day. Plus, add to that the lease. The overheads are tiny. You can probably fit a purse or a fanny pack. Believe me , if it was a better plane, it would have been bought in bigger numbers.

If anything the RJ's are a revenue drain due to there very high CASM and low RASM. They have only been viable to date because of fuel pass through and guaranteed revenue as part of the air service agreements. As fuel stays near $100 they are becoming (more of) a revenue drain. If anything I expect to see RJ's parked before DC9's. Boyd agrees with me ;)

You are worried that DTW will close. Sorry dude, but, are you high??????? That is NWA's biggest hub. Extremely efficient too. As for the CR9 being more efficient than a 9, doubt it. Fill that CR9 with 90 seats and lets see how much fuel or bags you can take on a hot day. Plus, add to that the lease. The overheads are tiny. You can probably fit a purse or a fanny pack. Believe me , if it was a better plane, it would have been bought in bigger numbers.

I could care less about DTW. I just listed the bases that are in close proximity and could potentially be affected. If they can get SKYW to continue to purchasew their own CR9's, then get them to agree to share some of the fuel risk, the CR9's would be a better choice than the 9. Other than that, I agree with you. The CR9 is a good 76 seat jet, but probably a very crappy 90 seat jet.

Paging Reality, please come to the Security Screening Area. Paging Reality, please come to the Security Screening Area.

No one was injured in making you a moron, either, General Lee!

(for anyone not aware-this is the same clown who posts here as General Lee-God could never have madetwo separate people this stupid!)

Listen troll, did you stop taking your prozac or what?
Isn't it time to get back to cruising the malls for your next appearance on "to catch a preadator."

Latest resources

Back