NWA?DAL deal rumored within 2 weeks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heyas,

Rumor is that the deal will be announced Monday, along with a pre-arranged deal between the NWA and DAL MECs for seniority integration.

Word is that for those hired before 2002, it will be a ratio integration, and those after will be DOH. No fences, no bump, no flush.

Nu

So in your mind what would that ratio effectively mean for a delta new hire say Sep 07? Just ahead of a NWA new hire who came aboard NWA after that date but behind all other NWA pilots? Perhaps because the NWA pilot group is smaller, NWA new hires would be ahead of Delta new hires with same day date of hire due to the afformentioned ratio? Anybody?

Last edited:
Heyas,

Rumor is that the deal will be announced Monday, along with a pre-arranged deal between the NWA and DAL MECs for seniority integration.

Word is that for those hired before 2002, it will be a ratio integration, and those after will be DOH. No fences, no bump, no flush.

Nu

Rumor from whom? If your source is one with "nice hair" I wouldn't hold your breath.....

For the benefit of those who have not experienced a merger, "synergies" is management-speak for "doing more work with less people". :(

...correct. In addition, the word "Synergies" also means that the shareholders will make money....folks in Wall Street will make money ( in the short term)...and employees will be ticked off...for a long ...long...time.

Oh...and if the planned "Synergies" don't work out...the employees will be "asked" to "donate" to save their jobs.

Heyas,

Nu

I think that would be fair except we would need some fences to keep guys from getting bumped out of current bases. We should be able to stay in our base and current seat without getting bumped by someone from the other airline. I would go for ratio's for everyone except newhires and I'd be happy to do a DOH integration for all 2007 hires at both companies. (Since I would be senior to all NWA new hires anyways) :)

...correct. In addition, the word "Synergies" also means that the shareholders will make money....folks in Wall Street will make money ( in the short term)...and employees will be ticked off...for a long ...long...time.

Oh...and if the planned "Synergies" don't work out...the employees will be "asked" to "donate" to save their jobs.

By synergies they mean job cuts. The problem with this integration is that NW brings a bunch of aircraft to the table that DL retired 15 or more years ago. They will probably be sacrificed in short order. Not to mention the fact that there won't be a stampede by DL guys to get into NW bases but there might be one by NW guys into DL bases if serious protections are not put in place. I'm just hoping it doesn't happen.

If this rumor turns out to be true, I'm curious what this will mean for those of us in the Jan 28th class at NWA?

If this rumor turns out to be true, I'm curious what this will mean for those of us in the Jan 28th class at NWA?

Or the Feb Classes? Here's to hoping this doesnt happen :beer: . Time for another beer!!

Latest resources

Back