NWA Continues Recalls!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another sign of the 2007 hiring boom

Here it comes, lots of pilots job in the next 2-3 years.

Kit? Kit Darby? Is that you?
icon10.gif

Not Kit, but he does have great product

It just a matter of fact years ending in 8 are great years to find a job, years ending 3 are bad years, never give up a senority number after a year ending in 9. So the push to peak out in 08 will start around June of 2007. NWA and CAl will be hiring off the street by that time. Every time NWA or CAL hires it creates 5 jobs.

Yip, two questions.....

When CAL, NWA hire again, what percentage will come from their affiliated regionals, from the street?

How will a repeal of 'Age 60' affect the window of opportunity?

RM

Congrats, NWA pilots!

As far as who hires off the street first, my bet's DAL due to the pension issue. There are rumblings of the top 2000 retiring to save their PLSA. If that occurs, I think that even with work rule changes, DAL will have to recall most (if not all) of their furloughees.

I read about excess capacity out there. How can there be a bunch of excess capacity when everyone's running record loads? It's not excess capacity; it's that all of the airlines are going for marketshare and want to drive the weak airlines out of business.

Schwanker said:
NWA Recalls continue:

62 in October
55 in November
42 in December

That's 159 recalls in the 4th quarter alone on top of the spring recalls.
Moving in the right direction.

Schwanker

ADD 15 MORE to the December Numbers.

Now 174 recalls for the quarter. What will January bring?

Watch Out for STEENLAND.

STEENLAND=LORENZO

AnimalTale said:
Watch Out for STEENLAND.

STEENLAND=LORENZO
Steenland is a much tougher character than Anderson. When it comes to protecting the turf against LCCs, Steenland makes Anderson look like a cream puff (Even though Anderson was more aggressive than most CEOs).

Schwanker said:
Steenland is a much tougher character than Anderson. When it comes to protecting the turf against LCCs, Steenland makes Anderson look like a cream puff (Even though Anderson was more aggressive than most CEOs).

Swanker,

Do u think Steenland will do good for NWA? Just curious.....

AnimalTale said:
Swanker,

Do u think Steenland will do good for NWA? Just curious.....
Tough to say. He plays hardball, both with the unions and with the competition. He's always up for the fight. Steenland was right next to Anderson during the decision processes over the last several years and has played a huge role in the current business strategies. Overall, I think the shareholders will like him because he'll fight on their behalf on all counts, as long as BK doesn't become the plan. My guess is the unions won't be so fond of him though. Wouldn't surprise me to see BK threatened in an attempt to get more concessions. By the way, the MEC just approved the TA and is sending it out to the membership for a vote. Rumored to have a 15% reduction in pay rates.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back