• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Schwanker

NWA Recalls continue:

62 in October
55 in November
42 in December

That's 159 recalls in the 4th quarter alone on top of the spring recalls.
Moving in the right direction.

Schwanker

So at the end of the year where will this place the most junior active pilot in terms of hire date?

I'm guessing that this will accelerate hiring at some of the regionals, particularly pinnacle.

How many furloughed NW pilots went there anyway?

I am pretty sure that for the NW furloughs at 9E there are restrictions on recalls to protect 9E. If my memory serves, no more than 5 a month, in NW seniority order, provided they have done their time (18 months I think, so that should not be an issue for most).

This is off the top of my head, perhaps a 9E or NW furlough can correct.

This is really great news, and I don't want to jinx anything by saying this. However, do you realize that NWA, CAL, and DAL, will probably have all of their pilots recalled by the end of 05 or the beginning of 06? With OTS hiring starting again at somewhere other than the LCC's. That certainly isn't meant to be a jab at the LCC's, but I think it shows a slow trend toward recovery for the Airline Industry. Of course there may be a few casualties along the way like (U, ATA, etc.) I think CAL will be the first Legacy hiring, followed by NWA, and then DAL. DAL is obviously the big unknown with a CH 11 filing possible, but I think with the pension issues facing their pilots, that the mass exodus won't end the recalls over there anytime soon. Certainly good news for all. Let's hope the other network majors follow NWA's lead here.

quote from saluki dawg:
"However, do you realize that NWA, CAL, and DAL, will probably have all of their pilots recalled by the end of 05 or the beginning of 06?"

And then we all woke up...........

philo beddoe:
"How many furloughed NW pilots went there anyway?"

I used to know the number but can't remember exactly. I don't think it was more than 30 or so out of 928 furloughs. Some have left even before recall at NW.

CWASaab said:
So at the end of the year where will this place the most junior active pilot in terms of hire date?
This will put the recalls at late '99 hires. Not positive, but I think they are at the Nov '99 hire point.

Latest resources

Back