• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

nwa class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It seems so illogical to assign someone a DC9 class when one can immediatly hold a "bus" class... a waste of training, but thats just my ever so humble opinion..

It seems so illogical to assign someone a DC9 class when one can immediatly hold a "bus" class... a waste of training, but thats just my ever so humble opinion..

Not exactly immediate. As of right now it is about 2 to 3 months till you can hold the most junior reserve slot in DTW. Add on the two month training cycle, and you are 4 to 5 months from sitting in the plane. That means they get at least 2 months of use out of you on the 9. we are so short on the 9 that this is necessary.

I agree with the previous posts about the SO slots in ANC. The 65 rule has left them short as well as the opening of MSP. A new hire is alreday holding a block in ANC on the panel (Dec 31 hire). Future classes will have more and more SO slots til people stop bidding out (they train 5 guys to get one to stay). All in all, the system sucks for the company, but for the pilots it is a blessing. If you don't like what they give you, just wait a couple of months and it will change.

Vol

I just got the call yesterday! Accepted a class date of 21 April. HR says 16-20 per class. Mesaba guys are starting to come up. They still want to hire 350 total by the end of the year. Asked to rank dc9 MEM, DTW or -200 ANC.

I just got the call yesterday! Accepted a class date of 21 April. HR says 16-20 per class. Mesaba guys are starting to come up. They still want to hire 350 total by the end of the year. Asked to rank dc9 MEM, DTW or -200 ANC.

Congrats!! :beer:

great for you!

I'm curious, when did you interview? I'm curious how long they are waiting to call people. I interviewed this week.
Again, congrats!

That must be an old picture. There's too much molding left around the windows. If it were a current pic, there would be a bunch of peeling molding and that lovely yellow glue/insulation exposed! Still a lot of fun though. Just not 5 legs a day fun. Cheers...

Not to mention the graffiti or WWBD.

Latest resources

Back