• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

nwa class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll let you know on Tuesday but the rumor mill is that the 74 SO is volunteer at this point. Supposedly they are tired of training pilots who bid out the next cycle. Waste of resources.

Also, I guess block is not to far off for the new Bs in the 74 SO position. Things sound like they are moving quickly.

Last edited:
New hires are still going to the DC9 and the 320 mostly. The ANC747SO seat may be available depending on which class you are in.

If you don't get what you want you can bid out as soon as you finish training. DC9 blocks are coming fast. 757 seats are going to start coming available in the not too distant future. Junior MSP757 pilot is 400 from the bottom. I hear there is going to be a lot of movement on the next bid though.

I heard of someone getting a call for an April 7th Class this week. So I think that's the one they are currently filling for. And yes I also heard that they are only sending people who want it to 747 SO. Also, most new hires to the -9 and some to the 320. Mostly DTW,MSP and a one or two in the most recent class got MEM DC-9.

Also HR's story is that they will hire 250-350 more this year!

Pretty sure nobody's been given the bus right off the bat yet. People have been holding it pretty fast, but I haven't seen it go to anybody as an initial assignment.

FreightDog,

Yes I stand corrected, no initial assignments for new hires to the 320. But they can get it pretty quickly after that if you want to do two training events back to back. There are rumors though maybe later in the year for new hires to the 320 though? :) Or this may be wrong too.

I was offered Apr 28th last this past week. Am taking it.
Applied the day app window opened.
Inside rec.
Didn't hear anything until my rec sent an "inquiry" email, then it was quick.
10k total
3 types
lots of 121 time
4 yr deg

I'll let you know on Tuesday but the rumor mill is that the 74 SO is volunteer at this point. Supposedly they are tired of training pilots who bid out the next cycle. Waste of resources.

Also, I guess block is not to far off for the new Bs in the 74 SO position. Things sound like they are moving quickly.

Thanks have fun in class:beer:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back