NWA Chp. 11

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crzipilot said:
If you look at NWA stock....it closed at 1.87 today at closing....after hours it's gone to 2.04........somebody lost some money or something.....strange it would jump up..

It's called a dead cat bounce. Don't be surprised to see Delta trade at 1.6 again within a week or so. It usually takes several weeks to be delisted. And the shorts, which are many, must cover to cash in profits. NWAC, was more of a surprise filing, since DAL had a higher short interest they will get a stronger bounce, imo.

nellie2110 said:
I hope there is no merger. Delta has no money and nothing to offer. That would lead to delta getting the shaft on everything. More like NORDEL Airlines.

Nothing to offer, eh? How about only one union? How about the busiest hub in the world that handles the most passengers? How about more routes to Europe and South America? How about a West Coast hub---in SLC? How about more RJs than anyone else? Oh, that part is not very great.....Nordel it is.(hurry up and copywrite that...)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Pretty soon the whole Major Forum will be gone......................

rudderdog said:
It would be bad for both DAL and NWA. Really, it would. Look at it this way, both are bankrupt with a ton of debt. Neither pilot group has any "career expectations" to speak of. So, as it goes, both pilot groups would be "stapled" to the bottom of the other. Nobody would ever really know where their seniority lies as the list would a vicious cirlcle. Talk about a crew scheduling nightmare.

Seriously though, good luck to all.

Hello? Most of the debt would be restructured, and the employee groups would get close to the same pay. The 100 seater is covered by the A319 at NW. NW brings Asia and the cargo unit, and Delta covers Europe and South America. Count on hub consolidation---adios to CVG and MEM IMO. The lower costs of getting rid of one of the managements and ground personel at each airport will save a lot of money.

And, what are you talking about both airline pilot groups getting stapled? Do you really know what you are talking about? Thanks to both going chap 11 on the same day, neither will win out with career expectations. And, don't expect DOH, since we just had the 2500 most senior guys retire in one year. We probably have only 300 or 400 pilots over 50 years old, out of 6500. NW didn't have the lump sum option, so they didn't retire a lot. It will be interesting if it happens, but there has to be a something brewing if both go on the same day....within 30 minutes...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Forget the seniority intergration. Just ask the red guys about the green guy and then the blue guys. Now add Delta to the list.

NWA already has the biggest and longest fences in the industry (just ask the Hughes pilots who are still fenced off the 747). This will be the most pathetic bunch of fences you have ever seen. Their will be no benefits for the company when/if this list gets done.

G4G5 said:
Forget the seniority intergration. Just ask the red guys about the green guy and then the blue guys. Now add Delta to the list.

NWA already has the biggest and longest fences in the industry (just ask the Hughes pilots who are still fenced off the 747). This will be the most pathetic bunch of fences you have ever seen. Their will be no benefits for the company when/if this list gets done.

Fine with me. I will stick to Europe. As far as consolidation, it will happen. And, ALPA rules the roost, and since both went Chap 11 on the same day, no one group gets better expectations. I see it happening next year.

Bye Bye--General Lee

rudderdog said:
Hello General? It was a bit of a joke...up until I said "seriously". Easy boy.

Hey, I am still amazed we both filed. Crazy.

Bye Bye--General Lee

G4G5 said:

You just posted what I was thinking. Ask the Southern/Republic guys how merger/seniority integration works at NW.

Sprint100 said:
Pretty soon the whole Major Forum will be gone......................

To be replaced by UPS and FedEx! the only two remaining "real" majors.... You know.... big bucks, big equipment, big retirement, and companies as stable as you can get in private enterprise.

Latest resources

Back