NWA Chp. 11

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crzipilot

CNBC is saying that NWA filed for Chp. 11 about 30 minutes after delta did....

Interesting times....

And NW's stock was near $2.00, and they had more money in the bank. I can see a merger in the works.......The name? DELWEST.

Bye Bye--General Lee

the blood is gona flow around the dal system, from what i hear cuts are gona be fast and furious. Sucks for all of us at DAL and Comair. keep strong brothers!

If you look at NWA stock....it closed at 1.87 today at closing....after hours it's gone to 2.04........somebody lost some money or something.....strange it would jump up..

I hope there is no merger. Delta has no money and nothing to offer. That would lead to delta getting the shaft on everything. More like NORDEL Airlines.

after hours quotes

stocks were halted for awhile

now

NWAC - 0.84 cents

DAL - 0.70 cents

if they merge, who is "rescuing" the other, ala AA/TWA?

NWAC got started in 1926

Delta in 1928

Welcome to NoWelta....the low cost virtual airlines with no takeoffs or landings....

nellie2110 said:
I hope there is no merger.

It would be bad for both DAL and NWA. Really, it would. Look at it this way, both are bankrupt with a ton of debt. Neither pilot group has any "career expectations" to speak of. So, as it goes, both pilot groups would be "stapled" to the bottom of the other. Nobody would ever really know where their seniority lies as the list would a vicious cirlcle. Talk about a crew scheduling nightmare.

Seriously though, good luck to all.

Latest resources

Back