• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA CEO, "$105 oil is a budget breaker...." AP Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I remember when I saw my first 787 fly over...... it was at a place where the beer flows like wine, the women ritualistically flock like the salmon of Capistrano. Some place warm, a little place, called ASSSSS Pen....... (from dumb and dumber---aka NWARedtail and DTW319)

Bye Bye--General Lee

I don't know why you Delta guys are fussing so much... This is no big deal. All the NWA guys want to do is to immediately go from this:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5948284&nseq=1

to this:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6197022&nseq=0

Jeez, don't be so greedy and spread the wealth....
Well I am a NWA guy and i dont want to switch from the DC9 to the 767 or 777. I would prefer to be a block holder on the DC9 than on reserve out of JFK :puke:

Well I am a NWA guy and i dont want to switch from the DC9 to the 767 or 777. I would prefer to be a block holder on the DC9 than on reserve out of JFK :puke:

Every newhire that has gone to JFK has probably been a line holder (or block holder for you guys) within a couple to three months. That's it. We hired 50 guys in one month that all went to the JFK 767ER, and they are enjoying layovers in Dublin, Shannon, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Nice, Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Venice, Istanbul, Amsterdam, Brussels, Athens, Milan, Pisa, Moscow, Manchester, Accra, and Sao Paulo. We are adding nonstops from JFK to Tel Aviv (4 man crew--2 Capts and 2 FOs--over 12 hours Westbound), Amman, Cairo, Lyon, Malaga (Spain), Edinburough, Pairs Orly, London Heathrow, Dakar, Cape Town (South Africa), and Lagos. (Nairobi has been pushed to December, and maybe longer) That means a lot of new crews, Captains and FOs.

So, you would rather fly to Minot eating peanuts, or Athens eating First Class meals? How about as a line holder at both places? You would make $23 more an hour flying the 767 on INTL routes BTW.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Every newhire that has gone to JFK has probably been a line holder (or block holder for you guys) within a couple to three months. That's it. We hired 50 guys in one month that all went to the JFK 767ER, and they are enjoying layovers in Dublin, Shannon, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Nice, Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Venice, Istanbul, Amsterdam, Brussels, Athens, Milan, Pisa, Moscow, Manchester, Accra, and Sao Paulo. We are adding nonstops from JFK to Tel Aviv (4 man crew--2 Capts and 2 FOs--over 12 hours Westbound), Amman, Cairo, Lyon, Malaga (Spain), Edinburough, Pairs Orly, London Heathrow, Dakar, Cape Town (South Africa), and Lagos. (Nairobi has been pushed to December, and maybe longer) That means a lot of new crews, Captains and FOs.

So, you would rather fly to Minot eating peanuts, or Athens eating First Class meals? How about as a line holder at both places? You would make $23 more an hour flying the 767 on INTL routes BTW.

Bye Bye--General Lee

At this point in my career i would rather fly domestic and international later. i am going to stay on the DC9 for a a while. The thought of 6+ hour flights right now makes me want to :puke: , but thats just me. i haven't decided yet. Maybe in a few months that might change but the point is not everyone has BSJS;) Thanks for asking though.

At this point in my career i would rather fly domestic and international later. i am going to stay on the DC9 for a a while. The thought of 6+ hour flights right now makes me want to :puke: , but thats just me. i haven't decided yet. Maybe in a few months that might change but the point is not everyone has BSJS;) Thanks for asking though.

We put newhires on almost everything except the 764 and 777. Most of our newhires get domestic only flying, and they can switch to INTL for a 9 month hold if they are on the 757/767 domestic currently. After 9 months, they can bid the 764 if they can hold it, or back to domestic. Every other plane after initial has a two year hold. I didn't do INTL until recently, after many years on domestic. I enjoy it now, primarily because I am senior and can get most of the trips I want. You may want to wait awhile to do the same. It is a different world though, than the domestic flying.

Bye Bye--General Lee

This merger will most-certainly result in furloughs... massive furloughs. Maybe not right away but within 18 months as efficiencies from synergies are realized.

Steenland isn't worth his salt anyway so why would he do anything as novel as raising prices to cover the product he sells? Who cares if oil is $105 or $150 per barrel. You cannot subsidize the flying public indefinitely. Charge for the cost of doing business or get out of that business.

NW, the airline that caused the bankruptcy of DAL (by not raising fares). Further, NW caused problems for the industry by refusing to go along with each and every fare hikes in the post 9/11 years. NWALPA ought to be holding Steenland and his joke of a mgmt team accountable in a more public fashion. Plus, how many flights did they cancel last summer? 20,000 plus??? You cannot reinventory those flights. That is gone money forever. That anyone on Wall Street takes this guy seriously is yet another reason why investors will continue to lose money when investing in airline stocks.

This merger will most-certainly result in furloughs... massive furloughs. Maybe not right away but within 18 months as efficiencies from synergies are realized.

Steenland isn't worth his salt anyway so why would he do anything as novel as raising prices to cover the product he sells? Who cares if oil is $105 or $150 per barrel. You cannot subsidize the flying public indefinitely. Charge for the cost of doing business or get out of that business.

NW, the airline that caused the bankruptcy of DAL (by not raising fares). Further, NW caused problems for the industry by refusing to go along with each and every fare hikes in the post 9/11 years. NWALPA ought to be holding Steenland and his joke of a mgmt team accountable in a more public fashion. Plus, how many flights did they cancel last summer? 20,000 plus??? You cannot reinventory those flights. That is gone money forever. That anyone on Wall Street takes this guy seriously is yet another reason why investors will continue to lose money when investing in airline stocks.

Thank God for Compass!!!!!

NW, the airline that caused the bankruptcy of DAL (by not raising fares).
That's funny right there. Yeah, Simplifares was NW's idea. You know, the program that took the entire amount of the DAL pilots concessions and burned it in the fireplace.

and when did that business genius "just call me Richard" Anderson leave NW? I believe he was in charge while most of the post 9/11 fare stupidity was going on.

That's funny right there. Yeah, Simplifares was NW's idea. You know, the program that took the entire amount of the DAL pilots concessions and burned it in the fireplace.

Didn't 2500 DAL pilots retiring early with lump sums at
~$1 million have a lot to do with it?

Latest resources

Back