• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA and DAL walk away from merger deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If management really walked from this deal, there is an alterer motive.
I really do not think that this is over. This was round one.

Nah, I think this may set the tone for awhile. United was looked at in an internal audit and was deemed too much overlap and was thought that the DOJ would veto it. Even if United wanted to divest some assets, local politicians would probably shoot that down.

As far as the NWA potential merger, I liked a few of the potential gains. But, the entitlement shown by the NWA guys hasn't been seen since the USAir Easties. A merger of like sized companies with like histories should be a percentage merger. To think that a new DC9 FO should be lead to believe that he or she should shoot 1000 numbers up the list thanks to the POTENTIAL of some senior pilots MAYBE retiring at age 60 vs 65 is ridiculous. There was NO proof of any of that. The only retirements for certain were DC9s.

Well, they went for the gold, and got a shot of glycol instead. Enjoy the frost boys.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

I'm betting on a mediator and a list very close to DOH. With oil over 100/barrell these guys need to get it done.

Hopefully not. If that were true then USAIR wouldn't be where they are not, considering they fought very hard for DOH and lost......badly. Heres to no mergers period, it only help the bankers.

Nobody has walked away yet. Delta needs the merger because it can not stand alone financially. The NWA execs need a merger so they can pack their golden chutes and walk away. NWA is better off standing alone as a company however. Nevertheless a serious downturn is in our future it may be worse than 2001-2005 maybe much worse....

I think they would have accepted a massive pay cut to aviod associating with incompetent blowhards such as yourself/General Lee.

Be careful jerk, or you'll wind up on vacation again....
But since you commented:
The NWA idea of fair integration......

The demands of the MWA MEC would have placed 1500 NWA pilots at the top of the list and of the bottom 4000 pilots on the list, 3000 of them would have been Delta pilots.

Fair? In their delusional mind!

I think this is only round one like someone else mentioned. It'll die down for awhile, but it'll be back with another pair. With 100 bucks a barrel....it's only a matter of time.

Just updated their news report. Apparently the reports from their "source" were false according to DAL management. Too bad.

Heyas,

PCL is correct. The have updated their site to say that the previous story was false.

Drat.

Nu

But since you commented:

The demands of the MWA MEC would have placed 1500 NWA pilots at the top of the list and of the bottom 4000 pilots on the list, 3000 of them would have been Delta pilots.

Boy, I can't imagine why NW guys didn't want to work with such a nice individual such as yourself. Looks like you guys can keep the Natti to yourselves.

But since you commented:

Thanks not correct at all . Do you believe everything you hear Einstein? You guys enjoyed a mass retirement recently and there is NO way that the NWA guys will give up the chance to do the same over the next 5-10 years.

Thanks not correct at all . Do you believe everything you hear Einstein? You guys enjoyed a mass retirement recently and there is NO way that the NWA guys will give up the chance to do the same over the next 5-10 years.

Enjoyed a mass retirement? Wow, that was enjoyable, including all of the planes that were retired at the same time (737-200s, 737-300s, 767-200s, and MD11s). You might be able to enjoy the same things soon with your DC9s and 742s. So much fun..

Bye Bye--General Lee

Thank God!
NWA pilots think they have some sort of entitlement. Demanding DOH!:laugh:
Maybe you guys should pair up with the Us Airways east pilots......Now THAT's a good match!
Imagine the reps telling the rank and file......
Well guys, we know you stand to get:
30% raises over the life of the contract
DC plan to 14%
RJ's capped at 255
$75k in equity.
But they won't agree to a staple!

Talk about MORONS!

30% raise still gives us a 20% paycut from old rates. Would probably give it back and more when Anderson cries BK again. 14% DC, I get 18% NOW. RJ'S capped? again, for now. Delta guys lead in the industry in giving away scope. 75% in equity? What kind? Stock? Options? Ask the UAL guys how that worked out.

Under DAL's propasals, a 2003 hire, would be next to a 1989 hire at NWA, but thats fair because we have "old" dc-9's?

Another genious...

Latest resources

Back