Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There was not an original post.
It was from a persoanl converstation.
If you want to look it up, it is in attachment A of the JPWA files.

Here it is from the contract!

For a period of 36 months following CBAID, a pilot who is displaced via an MD (or involuntary displacement) to a position with a lesser composite hourly pay rate will be pay protected for the hours paid to him in his current category. Such pay protection will be for the difference in the composite hourly pay rate applicable to the position from which he was displaced and the highest paying position his seniority allows him to hold. This provision will no longer be applicable when a pilot’s seniority allows him to hold a position of equal or greater pay compared to the position from which he was displaced. For example, a 757A has as his preference A-320B and his seniority is sufficient to hold A-320A, the pilot will only have the dollar difference between A-320A and 757A applied to the hours he flies as an A-320B. The Company will be excused from compliance with this provision in the event a circumstance over which the Company does not have control (as defined [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Section 2 A. 37.[/FONT]) is the cause of the pilot’s displacement.

Last edited:
No I am serious. I love MSP. It is an awesome town. I would love to fly out of there. I will not be overly upset if my NWA brethren kick me out of ATL. As long as there is a line for me on some jet up in MSP, I will bid it.
Plus, I have a free place to stay up there. I grew up in the Midwest, and truly think that it is one of the best kept secrets!

No I am serious. I love MSP. It is an awesome town. I would love to fly out of there. I will not be overly upset if my NWA brethren kick me out of ATL. As long as there is a line for me on some jet up in MSP, I will bid it.
Plus, I have a free place to stay up there. I grew up in the Midwest, and truly think that it is one of the best kept secrets!

I'm sure the NWA guys are glad you now feel that way about it, and won't mind if they do likewise....

06-16-2008, 21O9
Not that I want to start this debate, but you know of three. I can tell you of at least 20 guys that I know personally that are NWA drivers that live in ATL metro. Not to mention the 100's of pilots and FA's that live in FL and DFW that would like a shorter commute. You and I both know that there will be a greater movement to the Southern bases than to the Northern ones.The majority of DAL guys live in or near their bases(except NYC), is that really the case at NWA?
In reality it will not matter in five years. If there are fences it may take longer to realize the movement, but the fact remains that DTW and MSP DC-9 will probably remain the junior pieces of equipment no matter which way you slice this.
I myself will not bid MSP or DTW, unless it makes a commute from DFW very easy. From my friends who do it, it is about at difficult as DFW-ATL.

They have the seniority, I do not. I will take what they give to me. Plain and simple. It is what it is. I am over it, and look forward to flying a different way across this country.
Going out and back from ATL gets old after a decade and a half.

. The Company will be excused from compliance with this provision in the event a circumstance over which the Company does not have control

My money is that the company will never have to pay displacement pay, believe you me.

"it's the economy......"

My money is that the company will never have to pay displacement pay, believe you me.

"it's the economy......"

Was this after Bastain stated we would have $7.5 billion in cash at the end of 09, and lower oil could save us $5 billion next year alone?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yeah, the wife is from up there, and I'm Atlanta born and raised. Her wanting to move back to Mecca was what put NWA on the top of my list.

Now, if the housing market ever turns around, we might actually be able to move northward!

But if DAL chooses to sit there and move airplanes to different places, that is when you will see the pay protection kick in.

Latest resources

Back