• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is nonsense.

Facts:

MYTH: NWA Pilots just got a large pay raise/ Delta pilots got nothing

Fact: Nwa pilots received a wage increase but that goes away in a few months. Health care, and monthly guarantee decrease.

Yes, health care may cost a little more, but you are complaining about working less for the same or more money? Come on. Do you actually want to work significantly more hours at a lower hourly rate. Under that logic, you would be willing to work overtime for less than regular pay.

The new contract provides for 2x pay on greenslips over ALV or 75 hours, whichever is lower. That's better than 1.5 for over 80. It's a huge improvement, accept it for what it's worth.

Is it in the NWA culture to complain about everything? It's ok to smile and enjoy things some times. It's alright to be happy when something good happens. If I buy a round on a layover can I expect the former NWA guys to complain because the beer is too free, too cold and served by a waitress that is too pretty, whose waist is too skinny and whose b... are too large.

Ok, done venting. Now lets drink that free, cold beer that the captain is buying.

I think we all need to step away from this thread for a day. Watch some football, drink some beer, whatever you do to find your happy place.

My colleague Peanuckel was just trying to be sarcastic (like he usually is:), and I don't see why treat his comments so seriously?

Yea, your right. Your colleague is the cool, sarcastic guy. I'm just the uptight serious guy with violations and family issues flying the kid's jet. I will go back to my board, where I belong. So sorry for trying to sit in the front with you. My bad.

Ask the USAir East guys if they feel "equal"? The arbitrator didn't care in that case. He did what was right--except for the top 500, he kept everyone in the same percentage as before the merger. He looked at what each airline brought to the table, and then decided. IF we had the same number of planes and pilots, it would be easier to figure out. We don't.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ask how many Easters/Westers think that what the arbitrator did was "right" ?

Purely a matter of (your) opinion, or anyones opinion of "right" or "wrong".

How about "time of service" figured in? with or without credit for furlough time?

Yea, your right. Your colleague is the cool, sarcastic guy. I'm just the uptight serious guy with violations and family issues flying the kid's jet. I will go back to my board, where I belong. So sorry for trying to sit in the front with you. My bad.

That's probably a GREAT idea! CYA :beer:

Re: Seniority List Integrations, currently NW & DL:
I can't see how they could justify anything OTHER than DOH in a merger of equals, (especially so for the 2008 hires for whom merger talk was ongoing when they elected to take those jobs...why on earth would any from one side be above those on the other side hired before them?). They are now one company of pilots on the same path now.
The ratio lists are all ridiculous too... So right now DL side believes they are what UNITED believed themselves to be several years back (look at THEM now)...
In another venue in the same industry, look what a JOKE NetJets was just a few years ago...now look at them...and they could just as easily go right back where they were. We at FlightOtps used to be the highest paid and fastest growing...now the opposite...It happens over and over again throughout the entire industry.
There is NO logical way to predict "career expectations" in this industry!
THAT said.... I understand (from those posting here anyway) that NW and DL have differences regarding probation and longevity. There is much talk explaining that former NW furloughs get their longevity back (which is good and equal to the DL furloughs)
...but how will these inequities be resolved for those NW guys now on probation? Will recent date of hire DL guys remain with longer longevity than say NW guys hired a couple of months BEFORE them, or will they be made equal citizens like everyone else? If so...will they be given equal citizenship BEFORE an SLI is issued soon (sooner if negotiated), since they seem to not be applying a lot of the integrational issues until "undetermined" dates.
It will make a big difference to those people on your SLI if EVERYONE isn't made "equal" longevity-wise BEFORE the SLI is negotiated or issued.
Also....are both sides using the MOST recent seniority lists with most recent positions held by pilots (this is huge if they DO decide something crazy like "relative position?" (though I don't see how they could when so many people choose lower equip than they can hold due to QOL issues.
This thread isn't for why one side thinks it is better than the other....BTW...enough of those.
Hope your reps are addressing these issues for you and not just the concerns of those not concerned about losing their jobs....
Good luck to all!

You need to change your name dude. You are hardly the voice of reason and Delta and NW are hardly equals. DOH is great within an airline, but is worthless and unjust in a merger.

Tried to come back.... Tried to post... Tried to take a shot at the General's wife...

Realized I have more important things to do with my life....

Have fun, children.

Then you realized trolling the playgrounds was more fun, and productive! :laugh:
AMF!

OK... I'm gone. Just trying to show what I have learned about aviation. Over the top? Yes. I do feel bad about the industry. Maybe, I was offering a solution. Maybe, I've seen some stuff that makes me sick to my stomach and I was willing to throw myself to the wolves. Continue on.

Obviously very little. Please leave as you have promised; with your failure, someone who likes to fly can take your place. Yes, you have failed. You spent years to get where you are only to stop because of falling short of your early expectations. You must not have done your homework about the airlines before you tried to work for one.
Next in line please step forword.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back