NW/DL (and ultimately affecting ALL of us): The Flaw With "Career Expectations"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Newsouth:

I'm also a founder and a small business owner. My Fortune 100 customers are every bit and more my boss than any other boss I've ever had. Your business surely serves other peoples' needs and hinges on the humble realization that you serve others.

With your "EMPLOYER" attitude I am surprised you can find folks to work for you and even more surprised that you can maintain relationships with your customers. Unless you have some little EBay gig, I don't see how you do it. Frankly, working for an airline is a whole lot easier than running the show - particularly in this economy.

Sorry about the thread creep, flame away.

Yes, it is harder then working for an Airline. That is why nobody does it. I don' have the fortune of having "fortune 100" customers. I'll take what I have grown, for now. Actually, the airlines have taught me really good communication. And I have not had any problems with being able to hire or keep help. Sorry if my rant hurt somebodies feelings. But, I have gained alot of flexability financially and emotionally from my busines. I'm sorry if you have not. But, please don't tell me how I should run my business, based on your dislike of my post.

Ok, you got on that one. But, El Salvador is the real deal. Costa is a rat trap now. I doubt you get anything free in Costa. I doubt you speak Spanish either. Just staying in SJO does not mean you are the man. It just means you are doing what you are told by your EMPLOYER.

I have traveled from Pavones to Olee's Right (Oliver North). Are you too young to know who he is? Well, is does not matter. I'm sure SJO excites you like a little kid.

You've got a bit of an inferiority complex going there. Chill out...it's the internet. Flexing your "muscles" and prancing around calling people little kids doesnt exactly do anything.

The 800 and maybe the 88 go to El Salvador. I'm sure it's alot of fun. I speak enough spanish to convey what I need to say...most of the time, haha.

My employer treats me very well, actually. I have a tremendous amount of flexibility with my schedule each month- all it takes is a phone call.

Just remember, we all work for someone. If you as an employer don't work for your employees you aren't worth anything. On top of that... the government still wants their cut out of whatever you do.

I own my own company. And some days in this economy I wish I wasn't my own boss. Also, go easy with the big loser statement.

I'm over 1 Mil in revenue with my business, my wife is a doctor, and I have 3 Mil in Real property. The best thing about it, I don't care who wins the election. I pay very little in tax.

Remember It's not how much you make it's how much you keep form the government.

Relax, and go back to your CL-65.Ya know, Kinda like an adult in a kids jet.

I'm done, Take it away Boys.

Ok, for now I will go back to my KID'S Jet. My comments were directed at Employees....not Employers. If they are not warranted then so be it. Kid's jet might be part of the problem for the Employees.

I respect your business and I am jealous. Not jealous of your job though. Good for you. But lay off the Jet Jokes. That is not gonna work. Your jet job is a JOB. And that is not what my rant is over. Your business however, is what I am talking about. I did not call you a loser, remember. That was a term reserved for Employees that were crying over no control of their situation. When their situation has been controllable for years.

Fortune 100 customers ain't what they used to be. We believe one of our customers' business will fail in the next eight weeks despite receiving billions in bail out money. We are hoping to get our bills paid before the filing.

You've got a bit of an inferiority complex going there. Chill out...it's the internet. Flexing your "muscles" and prancing around calling people little kids doesnt exactly do anything.

The 800 and maybe the 88 go to El Salvador. I'm sure it's alot of fun. I speak enough spanish to convey what I need to say...most of the time, haha.

My employer treats me very well, actually. I have a tremendous amount of flexibility with my schedule each month- all it takes is a phone call.

Just remember, we all work for someone. If you as an employer don't work for your employees you aren't worth anything. On top of that... the government still wants their cut out of whatever you do.

OK... I'm gone. Just trying to show what I have learned about aviation. Over the top? Yes. I do feel bad about the industry. Maybe, I was offering a solution. Maybe, I've seen some stuff that makes me sick to my stomach and I was willing to throw myself to the wolves. Continue on.

Ok, you got on that one. But, El Salvador is the real deal. Costa is a rat trap now. I doubt you get anything free in Costa. I doubt you speak Spanish either. Just staying in SJO does not mean you are the man. It just means you are doing what you are told by your EMPLOYER.

I have traveled from Pavones to Olee's Right (Oliver North). Are you too young to know who he is? Well, is does not matter. I'm sure SJO excites you like a little kid.

Oh yeah..and SJO is a craphole in alot of ways. The "catch and release" girls aren't exactly my thing. Great food real cheap, free booze, super nice people, and a really nice gym in the hotel make it very tolerable.

Oh yeah..and SJO is a craphole in alot of ways. The "catch and release" girls aren't exactly my thing. Great food real cheap, free booze, super nice people, and a really nice gym in the hotel make it very tolerable.

Look, fellow.

I'm not flexing anything. I've spent more time in Central America with my Seven year old then you will spend your entire career with Delta. Because you stay in a secure, fenced in hotel in SJO does not make you an expert. That was the intent of you orignal post. To make me feel inferior to you and your travels with Delta. Well, try again. Try Europe, that will probable work. However, Central America will not. Staying in the Delta hotel in SJO does not make you an expert on third world Countries. I'm sorry. You will not get free beer in Costa, outside of your hotel. Nice try. You are not some local, because you fly for Delta. Shut your mouth.

I'll be a millionaire by next Tuesday.....

Tried to come back.... Tried to post... Tried to take a shot at the General's wife...

Realized I have more important things to do with my life....

Have fun, children.

Last edited:
Everybody just chill!

I think we all need to step away from this thread for a day. Watch some football, drink some beer, whatever you do to find your happy place.

My colleague Peanuckel was just trying to be sarcastic (like he usually is:), and I don't see why treat his comments so seriously?

Latest resources

Back