• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NTSB info on SWA at LGA crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The NTSB excerpt states: "...when at a point below 400 feet, there was an exchange of control of the airplane and the captain became the flying pilot and made the landing."

I wonder if this wording is deliberately vague. At what altitude did the transfer of control occur? At 300'? 100'? The final report will tell the full story, and until then any speculation is just that, speculation.

If the captain was nervous about this airport, he must really hate MDW and the River Vis in DCA.

Anyone know when the A/P was disconnected?

Are you sure it was a HE? Just sayin....

Bye Bye---General Lee

I wasn't there, so I'll refrain from commenting on this specific accident, but actually taking the controls should be a very, very rare occurrence. In nine years as a 737 CA, I think I have only done it twice.

Does it F-king matter?!?!?!

Just saying....

No, but I was making a point. Don't assume it was a guy. We don't know that, right? Riiiiight.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Some of you guys need to go to work for the NTSB. Clearly you can determine what happened by receiving just a few bits of information.

I wasn't there, so I'll refrain from commenting on this specific accident, but actually taking the controls should be a very, very rare occurrence. In nine years as a 737 CA, I think I have only done it twice.

Buy TY, the real question is how many times has the f/o taken control from you???:D

Latest resources

Back