• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NTSB: Both engines lost power

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm so glad to hear that both engines were out as a result of incredible mis fortune and not a possible mistake.

Can you imagine the far reaching ramnifications if it had been a mistake?

Glad to hear it for the crew!

Just thinking out loud here. Given the extreme rarity of a dual engine flameout, do you think LGA should have shutdown ops to examine the fuel truck that 1594 had received? I know it looks like birds took out both engines, but what if it had been fuel contamination?

Just thinking out loud here. Given the extreme rarity of a dual engine flameout, do you think LGA should have shutdown ops to examine the fuel truck that 1594 had received? I know it looks like birds took out both engines, but what if it had been fuel contamination?

Most likely more planes would have reported problems.

Nice to hear the crew did in fact do a great job.

My understand was that they reported the birdstrike, and stated they lost power as a result of the strike. May be wrong, but I think that I heard that. If that was the case, why on earth would they want to shut down the airport to check fuel?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back