NPA shoots across AirTran (Leonards) Bow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IAHERJ said:
Doug Parker is not an AirTran pilot Neal so please don't direct your response towards our pilot group. You and I know each other and you and I had a discussion a few weeks before I joined AirTran back in early 2003. I think this Parker fellow is an Express guy or an ex Express guy who is throwing bombs at you for whatever reason. Trust me, everyone at Airtran knows our history. The good, bad and ugly. I miss the culture at Express sometimes. FO's here are generally treated as though they just got into the business. I won't go into it too deep here but I think we could work on some things and I will do my part after I upgrade to extend some respect and delegate responsibilities with the FO like industry standard CRM has directed for the past 20 years.

IAHERJ

Oh I wasn't bro...just to him. His comments were uncalled for and that is why I rolled in hot. I have the utmost respect for the AAI pilot group. Great to me everytime I've needed a ride and a great contract. And yes, I definitely supported you going there...I hope its working out for you. We at XJT aren't immune from cultural shifts. We are now 2600 strong, which means we get a lot of the negative aspects of a large pilot group. Take care dude...I hope you're enjoying life on the lake (if that is still where you are living).

-Neal

Fly-By-Cable said:
IAHERJ, You fly with me....we'll keep the fun-meter pegged :)

Yeah, just as long as you call him "All-wise and all-knowing" and tell him "Great landing, Captain, no really, I thought they both were.":rolleyes:

Just kidding, Fly-By-Cable is great to fly with, and he's not nearly as scary as FL717!

Steeler Fan said:
Just kidding, Fly-By-Cable is great to fly with, and he's not nearly as scary as FL717!

I thought I made it VERY clear to you when we briefed at the gate -

"DO NOT LET ME WAKE UP AND CATCH YOU READING THE NEWSPAPER".....

"THE GEAR HANDLE IS CLOSER TO YOU..... SO GET YOUR OWN GEAR".....

"WHEN YOU'RE FLYING THE AIRPLANE..... WHY DON'T YOU JUST TALK TO ATC YOURSELF".....

and finally "SHUT YOUR YAPPER, I'M NAPPING"....

IAHERJ said:
FO's here are generally treated as though they just got into the business.

It used to be ALOT worse.

A Captain has 4 Gold Stripes, and 5 black ones.

FL717 said:
I thought I made it VERY clear to you when we briefed at the gate -

"DO NOT LET ME WAKE UP AND CATCH YOU READING THE NEWSPAPER".....

"THE GEAR HANDLE IS CLOSER TO YOU..... SO GET YOUR OWN GEAR".....

"WHEN YOU'RE FLYING THE AIRPLANE..... WHY DON'T YOU JUST TALK TO ATC YOURSELF".....

and finally "SHUT YOUR YAPPER, I'M NAPPING"....

Don't forget...

Captain: "If anything good happens during this flight, it's because of me, and if anything bad happens, it's because of you"

I hope I not comming across as a whiner because I love it here. I just had my first bad experience recently and I probably did some generalizing on my post. The majority of guys I fly with are great. Look forward to flying with all the above mentioned posters. One or two bad experiences in over 2 years isn't too bad.

My personal favorite was the moron who blew a gasket when I turned off the EAI when we were in the clear and it was my leg. He then turned them back on, and left them on. . . just to prove a point . . . evidently, the point was that he was a control freak with a miniscule johnson.

Ty,

I thought we agreed to not talk about that. I crossed the line and I said I was sorry when I turned them off. I hit on your sister one time.....

Latest resources

Back