NPA shoots across AirTran (Leonards) Bow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty Webb said:
Actually, the Company started this crap over 6 months ago . . . asking for a 12% reduction in pilot costs, which they apparently just pulled out of thin air, because when the Union asked where those numbers came from, they didn't even have an answer . . . . no data to support those numbers . . . . basically, they wanted to start "in the basement" and the Union wanted to start "in the attic" and hopefully, we will meet in the "living room".

Ty,

That's the message that needed to be driven home. Quotes like "the company has failed to provide us with data we requested several moths ago" go alot farther at getting the point across.

Also, it's very possible that whoever said the Lorenzo comment thought the interview was over. Guess what, say it to a reporter and you'll read about it.

By the way, I hope that basement isn't PJVee's.

Hey BluDevAv8R,

CoEx is under the regionals board - this is the majors board.

The way you Brown-nose the company, you must have been a PFT ????

Doug Parker said:
Hey BluDevAv8R,

Nope, didn't PFT. As a matter of fact, they even gave me money while I was in training. Go figure. Not sure how that is germaine to the discussion. Should I bring up the ex-EAL pilots currently at Airtran? Or the guys who PFT'd at the old ValuJet through FSI? Of course not....because it doesn't matter, nor does it matter that some PFT'd at my airline. Who cares right now.

I'm not sure how comparing my company to yours is germaine to the discussion either. Who cares? But for argument's sake, let's push the point even farther...my company flies to over 175 destinations including over 27 destinations in Mexico, 2 in the Bahamas, 1 in Guatemala, and 6 in Canada. We serve every single domestic city on the CAL route map except for LAS, PDX, SEA, SAN, and SFO. We have 253 airplanes at the moment (and growing) and over 7000 employees including 2600 pilots (and growing) and fly over 1400 flights per day. Yes, that is just XJT. But again, why does it matter what my company does or your company does when this board is for the free exchange of ideas and debate?

Brown-nose the company? Hardly. For the last 3+ years I have worked full time fighting for the XJT pilots. But do I see the point in starting media wars against my CEO? No. It is counter-productive and pointless.

Now what were we talking about again?

-Neal

sleepy said:
It looks like Airtran has reached the greedy labour and management stage..

Sleepy,

For someone far removed from the day to day activities of AirTran, you seem to have it all figured out. The pilots are pissed about managements contract "interpretations" (violations). I don't know where you're getting the idea that labor is greedy. Before the majors took pay cuts, our Capts made less than UAL/DAL F/O's, is that greedy?

All we're looking for is contract compliance, is that what you consider greedy?

Instead of Sleepy you remind me of another dwarf, Dopey.

Last edited:
CatfishVT9 said:
Tell me again how this article will help?

Catfish,

I thought I was clear the 1st time.

This article will help because managements bonus is tied to stock price. That's why the press releases management put out claim we have a "good relationship".

This article hurt the stock price, check for yourself. If they want to screw with our pay, we screw with theirs. Understand?

Doug Parker said:
Hey BluDevAv8R,

Sorry to bother the big important airlines. Please dispense some more sage wisdom to us mere regional pilots. I don't think having an intelligent discussion about contract negotiations qualifies as brown nosing. We both fly jets. They climb descend turn land FMS autopilot the same way. One's just bigger. Get over it.

Comments like yours just prove the point that pilots are their own worst enemy.

And it doesn't matter, but I know he didn't PFT.

Last edited:
Doug Parker is not an AirTran pilot Neal so please don't direct your response towards our pilot group. You and I know each other and you and I had a discussion a few weeks before I joined AirTran back in early 2003. I think this Parker fellow is an Express guy or an ex Express guy who is throwing bombs at you for whatever reason. Trust me, everyone at Airtran knows our history. The good, bad and ugly. I miss the culture at Express sometimes. FO's here are generally treated as though they just got into the business. I won't go into it too deep here but I think we could work on some things and I will do my part after I upgrade to extend some respect and delegate responsibilities with the FO like industry standard CRM has directed for the past 20 years.

IAHERJ

Hey, IAH, when we Captains want your opinion, we'll tell it to you.

Just kidding. Come over to the 73 program . . . we actually remember what it was like to be an FO . . . . heh, heh.

Doug Parker said:
Hey BluDevAv8R,

I know this type of posting must inflate a very low self esteem level with you, but of all people, you fired a shot at, this was a poor choice.

BluDev is an asset to the XJET union and an extremely dedicated unionist who looks out for and spends a great deal of his personal time helping his brother pilots.

What contributions do you make for your pilot group? Other than writing with your Sharpie on the mens rooms stalls?

Latest resources

Back