• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NPA playing Hardball to Airtran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As one that was going to be displaced, and now am not, the NPA can go screw themselves! I've given this union every benefit of the doubt for almost 5 years. Let's see if one of these boys want to play hardball if they were trying to reduce their pay by $50k! Granted I know they're TRYING to abide by the CBA, but can't these guys realize that this is a GOOD thing! Not just for me and other would be displacees, but for the furloughees getting called back! Pick a better fight and don't alienate more people!

Catfish, going to the game thanks to a friend at Pepsi!

NPA violated its members when it failed to enforce the contract and replace the contractors in the training department not on the seniority list with line pilots on the seniority list prior to furloughing.

NPA is selectively choosing to enforce the contract and allowing the company to violate the contract, all in favor of the company.

NPA has got to go!

BSkin, I think I just flew with you. Nice win Saturday. OSU fought a good fight, great game until they died in the 4th. OU wins by 20 and when I went to play golf on Monday freakin OU fans in the pro shop b*cthing about the bad calls...they won by 20 freakin points! Give me a freaking break. Win and a they still aren't happy. Oh how I loathe OU.

Yep, I watched and it was a good game until the 4th. Gave 'em a good scare for awhile! Looking forward to my game on SAT. How's the insurance studying going? Run, man, RUN!

Just passed the Life and Health portion tonight, sold 3 P&C's yesterday, makin money rollin on the 22's trying like he!! to get away...sad thing I make more money in 2 hours of writing policies than I do in 1 day of flying. What happened to this industry?

Real good question. I was sitting at a Ruby Tues the other night and an assistant principal of an elementary school asked why we still charge for the checked bags, "are the pilots just overpaid"? I said are educators overpaid? Yeah but we are responsible for our country's youth -- Yeah we are responsible for 100's of people's lives every day we fly. Do you want an unqualified, lesser paid person in the cockpit if the $hit hits the fan? Not much argument after that.

That is what frightens me about this industry. My grandfather was a truck diver, long haul for over 30 years. He made a pretty good living from it, put 3 girls through college etc. In the beginning, talking the early 50's, they wore uniforms, hats etc, I have pictures, by the early 80's, when he retired, it was jeans and a shirt. Now I do not know what happened to the trucking industry but I tend to equate the trucking industry to the airline industry. At one time they were far apart but in my eyes they are getting closer together.

Its a shame and the next d!khead that says that pilots are over paid can feel free to lick my b#lls and look at my W-2 plus my expenses to do the job.

As one that was going to be displaced, and now am not, the NPA can go screw themselves! I've given this union every benefit of the doubt for almost 5 years. Let's see if one of these boys want to play hardball if they were trying to reduce their pay by $50k! Granted I know they're TRYING to abide by the CBA, but can't these guys realize that this is a GOOD thing! Not just for me and other would be displacees, but for the furloughees getting called back! Pick a better fight and don't alienate more people!

Catfish, going to the game thanks to a friend at Pepsi!

Not just for Me? Is that what you said. See there in lies the problem my friend and it's always been the problem with this industry. ME! ME! ME!!! The NPA is absolutely doing the right thing. Making the company abide by the contract. Good for them. It's about time. And this has nothing to do about the furloughees either, according to the company, they will have 35 positions open, so they will come back regardless, unless the company cancels that just out of spite, which I wouldn't put it past them.

This is what I was refering to on another thread about section 6 in our CBA btw.

I don't see anything good coming from letting the company set a precedent and a new status quo. It might be nice this time, but we would pay for it for years to come with the company canceling bid awards whenever it suited them.

Latest resources

Back