• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NPA playing Hardball to Airtran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Helllllooooooo.....Those are the rules governing our contract. If you don't like them then why don't you step up to the plate and work within your union to help get a new contract.

There are so many guys like you at AirTran. Let me see your thinking about some sort of recall etc which would further weaken our leverage against the company.

I hate to break this to you chief but this is how leverage is achieved in negotiations. I could go on but I think it is fully wasted on someone like you.

Chief, you have no CLUE what kind of guy I am! If you think I'm an Airtran-chest-thumping-everything is-great-here-guy, I'm wasting time on you!

So explain to me, and give me ANY examples, how this stand creates leverage! This union doesn't know how to get leverage!

And I'll admit, it is the pilot group's fault. But, the union doesn't do enough to try to unify it! Sure glad we have those nice blue luggage handles though!

Chief, you have no CLUE what kind of guy I am! If you think I'm an Airtran-chest-thumping-everything is-great-here-guy, I'm wasting time on you!

So explain to me, and give me ANY examples, how this stand creates leverage! This union doesn't know how to get leverage!

And I'll admit, it is the pilot group's fault. But, the union doesn't do enough to try to unify it! Sure glad we have those nice blue luggage handles though!

Leverage is not obtained by bending over backward and letting them lube you up for the insertion. One small step towards increasing your leverage, is to show them you mean business and won't back down from your demands/contract even when all it does is hurt the company and help none of the pilots. In this case though some of the pilots that can hold cpt can now bid - even though they did not have the award in the past. So MB of the NPA righted a wrong and kept the company from veering of course from the legal requirements of the contract.

Why do you have such a problem with this......You need to stand by your democratically elected union leadership.

Instead of looking at it as a way back to profitability and getting jobs back asap, The NPA BOD attempts to use this issue to make a stand. Some how, this is going to give us leverage?? I bet Kolski is laughing his a$$ off.

I don't think the Board is speaking for the majority, which is their elected duty. Hopefully, the company will ignore the union as they usually do.

Once again: I do think your comments are foolish.....I'm very proud of the fact that you served in the USAF for over 20 years and want to kick my butt - your Private Message to me is Cut and Pasted below.

Dude,

First, you are right about one thing, I dont know a thing about unions. 20 yrs in the AF.

Second, if you have the balls to call me a tool in person, let's set it up, I live in ATL. Im available all weekend.

I unfortunately will be banging a hottie this weekend and can not make your requested meeting. I'm a lover not a fighter - But for the record I put in 13.....8 active 5 guard.

yay... you both have big diks....

The contract should be enforced... management created the problem... not the pilots.. Good for MB for making mgmt fix the vacancy bid. We can't do 'pik and choose' with MCO.. they will use against us... ie rolling displacements every fall flyin season...... happy holidays.. and don't be afraid to look your fellow pilot in the eyes and give a wave.. solidarity starts there... respect and brotherhood... peace

Latest resources

Back