• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NPA Hat Survey

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I voted.....in favor of the hat. And no, Ty, I'm not bald, a SCAB, or a "weak sister."

Sorry, I forgot to add:

4) FO's for Obama ;)

5) Check Airmen

6) Czech Airmen

7) Guys who wear their uniform to the grocery store and/or laundromat

Speak your mind, even if your voice is shaking!!
BELIEVE!-flyfastliveslow

I speak clearly and confidently and believe what I write.

ValueJet/Air Tran is a sloppy little crap box of a carrier. And if you were such a ketch you would have landed a real job with a real company.

Wear your hat. Build your time. And keep your resume up to date. You may be put to the test you think you are so good at loser.

wow..... Ted, are you still living in a shack in Montana? Seriously though, I'm not sure why AirTran didn't hire you, but ...well.....as my favorite comedian said "GOOD LUCK with all THAT!"

Long before the hats should come up as an issue FL needs a pilot group that actually participates in voting. The voter turn out is pathetic. Then they need to eleminate the ghetto representation and the high percentage of light loafer male FAs. A bit less ignorant southerners would be nice but it is ATL so not too much can be done about the inbreeding. The brown leather jacket is quite the joke as well. Who would wear a suit with a leather jacket? Who would wear a shirt and tie with a leather jacket?

Now, as far as FL being a crappy airline. That is pure ignorance. They fly new planes and they are full quite often. They have a good route structure that produces high yield. They have a very good pilot group. They have not slid off any runways and killed children. The one crash that is linked to the company had nothing to do with the flight crew. The FAA did not require cargo fire suppression. All airlines do not spend a dime unless they are mandated by FAA. There are scabs there but scabs are everywhere. There certainly is not a SCAB mentality at the airline. If there was then there would not be a union at all. The airline has good numbers with on time performance and baggage handling. They also have a fantastic MX department. The legacies are the ones full of miserable people that do rotten job performance to spite the company that they are pissed off at. I have flown on every airline and FL is far from a bad experience. The legacy pilot arrogance is one reason why the entire system is filled with those bastard RJs and the little pukes that fly them.
Now, to that poster with all the nonsense FL hatred. I can solve all your problems for you with just a few well placed strikes to the head. Yes, I can do it, and no, you would not be able to stop it.

Hey Ty... if I saw you in ATL without a hat I'd think you were a Flight Attendant....

C'mon guys.... its not about you.... look at it from a pax perspective... if a nervous flyer bought herself biz class ticket and showed up at the Hartsfield and saw a Deltoid with a hat on and a Brown Bomber Tranny with no hat....

who do you think she hopes her pilot will be.....

oops...sorry... its not about the revenue... and profession... its about you.....

Long before the hats should come up as an issue FL needs a pilot group that actually participates in voting. The voter turn out is pathetic.

Let us know if the particaption in the hat survey exceeds recent particaption in real union affairs...

Are you kidding me! people don't know the difference between a skycap, pilot or a gate agent!!

Nobody has answered my question about the strap on the hat so I guess I will. It can be lengthened and used for a chin strap. Try it, it's quite funny. Yes that is what it is for. It is to keep the dorky thing on your head while you ride a horse or whatever rockabilly thing you might want to do.

When else do you wear a hat? It is usually used for a purpose like shielding the sun or protecting your face or head from something.

I really do not understand why a hat makes a pilot look more professional. We don't even wear it for any of our actual aircraft duties. It's USELESS.

It's part of the traditional pilot uniform. It's what the customer expects to see. Just put the danged thing on. Is it really that hard? We've got real problems to deal with here, but we get a more vigorous debate about a stupid hat. How 'bout we worry about scope? How 'bout FO payrates?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back