NPA Forum shut down?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear,
Why bother with a new contract when the company has already forced you into a concession over firing the probies????? If the company wants to break the spirit of the contract and keep the lackey retirees working as training pilots, then the next day NPA should have taken a deadline stance to say that wouldn't stand and they consider the contract broken, null and void. The power factor here is that the pilots fear losing their job, mgt does not fear operations coming to a screetching halt. If mgmt thought that was even a remote possiblity, the contract would be followed and the furloughed pilots would have spot back in the training dept, if desired, but alas........
You know, I don't really have an answer for that...

Everyone is frustrated that the system appeared to be "broken", they tore it down, rebuilt what they thought was going to be a stronger union, just to get handed a bunch of status quo violations, LOA's that most people didn't like, and the company attempting to "terminate" 177 pilots.

That frustration is going to take other forms (like MemRat and this discussion about ALPA) and maybe even more, if something doesn't change fundamentally at the NPA that makes the line pilots believe that positive change is coming, and coming in a livable time frame.

I *AM* glad to hear of those who will be supporting MemRat. It's definitely a concept whose time has come, spread the word!

Alpa is the only union out there with the means to fight Lorenzo's boys. NPA has proven time and time again that they are worthless and useless organization, that has not been able to prove itself. So therefore tell me again why do I pay union dues?? Hell even say that both Alpa and NPA are both ********************ty at least with Alpa you can get loss of lic. and loss of medical insurance. You cannot get anything that comes close to that at the NPA. Eventually Airtran Pilots will have to become Alpa, if they realize that now or 5 years down the road.

NetJets got their last contract because management was afraid of what the pilots could do with their customers, and wanted to do the right thing anyway.

(I'm assuming you're referring to the 2005 contract, not the most recent one.) More to the point, they accomplished what they did because of the work of the pilot group, not the national whose name they were using. Teamsters didn't do squat to help that effort, and pushed the pilots to accept the embarrassing TA that was voted down by a large majority.

NetJets' pilot group was successful in spite of the IBT, not because of it.

Hasn't NetJets gotten rid of teamsters anyway lately...?
Yes. Our in-house pilot group took the reigns a little over three weeks ago, with IBT kicking and screaming the whole way.

None of them are perfect, and all of them require the individual pilot group to do most of the heavy lifting. But from what I've seen of IBT (as a member) and ALPA (as an organizer trying to bring it on property at my last company), I'd give ALPA a slight edge over IBT if I had to pick one. In the end, though, it boils down to the resolve of the pilot group and the strength of the local leadership.

Last edited:
Got my Call

Received my weekly call today from CS, looking for a whore. I have been getting them almost every week for a month now.

I will believe the furloughs when I see them. I think it is a classic management psychological move. Give'em back something they already have....their jobs.

As far as unions, we the pilot group, is the union. Luckily this group is getting on the impatient side. I think this MEMRAT vote will show management that it may be easy to manipulate a BOD but not an entire pilot group.

Alpa is the only union out there with the means to fight Lorenzo's boys.

Been there done that. Lost with ALPA's help. At the time the president of ALPA was a Delta pilot, Mr Duffy. As the president of the most powerful pilots union on earth guess which airline didn't hire EAL while UAL, NWA, USAir and others all did. My first red flag concerning ALPA

Think it is down again .

Well good. Maybe there will be some traffic on Brad's forum again. You guys run off to the competition as soon as the NPA thinks the natives have settled down and put their forum back up.

The forum is still up.

Well good. Maybe there will be some traffic on Brad's forum again. You guys run off to the competition as soon as the NPA thinks the natives have settled down and put their forum back up.

Wow! I didn't realize there was a competition between one site and another. I thought the intent of both was to provide information to the pilots of Airtran in a calm and resonable discussion. It looks as though all it is is BOD bashing though. Almost the same here on FI, why should the other 2 sites be any different.

See that's the whole point njcapt. To you and unfortuneatley to the rest of the airtran pilots it is a competition betwen one camp and another. Our BOD was elected to represent us and they are doing an ok job with it given the current state of things. What backing do they have? Guys that do nothing but bitch and moan and rant. Whatever?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back