• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NPA Forum shut down?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Phone calls were going out this morning to offer open time at 1.5x pay. Overstaffed? You be the judge.

1.5x pay should be the NORM for all open trips. When phone calls start going out because the trips still can't get covered, then those calls should be for 2.0x pay.

Let's face it. NPA is a dead dog as far as leadership, communication, contract writing (just see TA1 & TA2), contract enforcement, and progressive vision go. It's time has come and gone.

So I'll be the first to say it. It is time to de-certify NPA and go with a global union with deep resources and expertise. That means getting ALPA on property.

And before anyone says, "but..but..but" let me make three statements.

1. Duane Worthless is no longer running the show there. John Prater should be invited to come to ATL, get a big conference room at the airport, and hold at least 3 different sessions. In addition to this, he should put together a DVD and it should be mailed to every NPA member explaining exactly what ALPA can do for us.

2. Could ALPA be any worse than what we have now? Hard to imagine it could, but I seriously doubt it.

3. The current NPA leadership would be removed from office. They would have to run for the new MEC positions when ALPA took over. That would allow us to immediately weed out the weak reps. that are on the current BOD and give people with backbone the chance to hold an elected position.

Thoughts on this?

As a former ALPA organizer, I have to point out one problem with this: ALPA's policy is to not "raid" standing unions. In other words, they won't come in with a union drive until the NPA leadership requests it. I always had mixed feelings about this policy when I was doing organizing work, but it is what it is. If you want to bring new representation, then you'll have to get the NPA leadership on board before ALPA will take part.

As a former ALPA organizer, I have to point out one problem with this: ALPA's policy is to not "raid" standing unions. In other words, they won't come in with a union drive until the NPA leadership requests it. I always had mixed feelings about this policy when I was doing organizing work, but it is what it is. If you want to bring new representation, then you'll have to get the NPA leadership on board before ALPA will take part.

Petition?

Petition?

That's actually an interesting way that you could proceed. I'm not sure how ALPA would react to a drive being initiated by a petition rather than just a normal request from a union's leadership. It's never been done before, to the best of my knowledge. I think it might work, though. Probably a great way to piss off the NPA, based on the latest email we all got about this last petition. They don't seem to be in a pro-petition mood. :)

That's actually an interesting way that you could proceed. I'm not sure how ALPA would react to a drive being initiated by a petition rather than just a normal request from a union's leadership. It's never been done before, to the best of my knowledge. I think it might work, though. Probably a great way to piss off the NPA, based on the latest email we all got about this last petition. They don't seem to be in a pro-petition mood. :)

I have been extremely disappointed with the NPA since I have been here. No pilot left behind my @#$!
We have all been left behind. Poor communication, crap LOA's. The company played a great hand of poker and won.

It is way too much coincidence that the MEMRAT comes out and the NPA message board goes down.

I had high hopes for this new NPA leadership but I no longer have high hopes, I have no hope for them. I am extremely disappointed in both the NPA leadership and AT Mgt.

It seems to me that the NPA leadership has forgotten that the pilot group makes up the NPA. The NPA BOD wants total control over the pilot group and AT mgt wants total control as well but the pilot group is being left out in the process. Its difficult to convey. The pilot group wants a say in our daily happenings and mgt obviously says "no" and now the NPA BOD is also saying "no", the pilot group whom they are supposed to represent is being shut out. Reminds me of the song "Allentown" by Billy Joel..."and the union people walked away..."

As much as I do not care for ALPA maybe it is time to get them to come in...

If I was the NPA BOD I would want mgt to have to deal with 1600 pilots on issues (if the MEMRAT passes) rather than 4? BOD members who are going to roll over anyway.

Latest resources

Back