• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

now they finally pay attention.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got news for you. Plenty of these guys won't be helped by higher requirements for upgrade. I've flown with a few with over 10,000 hours that did not demonstrate good judgment. That being said, I've flown with CA's that have less time than I do I was extremely impressed with their judgment.

I agree with you. Realistically, however, we know that very little will change. 10K idiot captains will still slip through the cracks- it happens all the time. Would raising the minimums have prevented this accident. Maybe- or maybe not. In my experience, I think 2500 hrs is not enough.

Not speaking about 3407 yet but this is why I've lost my sanity. For F#&K sake get rid of the G0damn hairgell and ipods. Quit plastering yourselves on overnights, iron that f*&ing gargage bag looking shirt, take off those rediculous designer shades and read a f&*king manual from time to time! Above all wipe that MTV nurtured Ed Hardy wearing sense of entitlement of your front bumper and grill before I mop the floors with your test tube rejected a$$. I've had it...

Part of being professional is also looking professional. I totally agree with you.

Both of you guys calling regional pilots unprofessional just because they fly at a regional is pretty disgusting. I guess all of the professional pilots must have been born with 5,000 hours of multi-turbine time coming out of their a...

You both sound like a couple of bitter old men whining about kids and their skateboards tearing up the sidewalk.

Funny thing, I fly with people from all backgrounds here at the fractionals, and no one group is any less or more professional than the others.

2500 hours certainly is enough- but that must be accompanied by a top notch training department, which these scumbag companies aren't willing to pay for.

When regional pilots start acting like professionals then you can make that argument. These two were hardly "professional" pilots.

i fly for a regional, and yes there are TO many of the pilots above you described. i take my job serious. i act professional. maybe other captains can explain this to their fo's. i do preach professionalism to the fo's i fly with on occasion. maybe the rest of us should do the same. if this approach helps, time will tell.

Not speaking about 3407 yet but this is why I've lost my sanity. For F#&K sake get rid of the G0damn hairgell and ipods. Quit plastering yourselves on overnights, iron that f*&ing garbage bag looking shirt, take off those ridiculous designer shades and read a f&*king manual from time to time! Above all wipe that MTV nurtured Ed Hardy wearing sense of entitlement of your front bumper and grill before I mop the floors of the lavatory with your test tube rejected a$$. I've had it...

Very well said. Enough is enough. Too many morons walking to the gate wearing a backpack. It makes me want to get sick.:puke:
It's sad our passengers have to see this immature display. These kids need a tune up.

Not speaking about 3407 yet but this is why I've lost my sanity. For F#&K sake get rid of the G0damn hairgell and ipods. Quit plastering yourselves on overnights, iron that f*&ing garbage bag looking shirt, take off those ridiculous designer shades and read a f&*king manual from time to time! Above all wipe that MTV nurtured Ed Hardy wearing sense of entitlement of your front bumper and grill before I mop the floors of the lavatory with your test tube rejected a$$. I've had it...

What the heck is wrong with wearing designer shades?

Very well said. Enough is enough. Too many morons walking to the gate wearing a backpack. It makes me want to get sick.:puke:
It's sad our passengers have to see this immature display. These kids need a tune up.

I've seen the "kids" BUT I've also seen PLENTY of Major (nee Legacy) pilots pulling the same stuff.

-Non Backpack wearer.

Latest resources

Back