• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

now they finally pay attention.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Many of the major guys carrying backpacks have that for "cockpit defense," if you catch my drift.

Nothing wrong unless these cocky young pricks are wearing them inside the terminal or behind their head.

I've never seen this. Although I admit I don't look too hard for it.

My "work" sunglasses cost me $17.99* and stay in my Flightcase.

*100% UV protection & non-polarized. :)

When regional pilots start acting like professionals then you can make that argument. These two were hardly "professional" pilots.

"Those damn kids" mentality from those in the heavy metal needs to end. Show some initiative and leadership and the young pilot will follow, in-fact I think the young pilots are desperately looking for someone to step up and show them the way. Sully comes to mind when I listened to his testimony to congress. Instead of talking down to the young pilots try to offer something constructive that will help.

I've never seen this. Although I admit I don't look too hard for it.

My "work" sunglasses cost me $17.99* and stay in my Flightcase.

*100% UV protection & non-polarized. :)
I just saw it last week. Guy wearing a backpack. Looked like he was on his way to Geometry class. Unbelievable. Some guys just don't give a crap about looking professional in front of the flying public. This on top of the latest crash, does not help our cause at all.

"Those damn kids" mentality from those in the heavy metal needs to end. Show some initiative and leadership and the young pilot will follow, in-fact I think the young pilots are desperately looking for someone to step up and show them the way. Sully comes to mind when I listened to his testimony to congress. Instead of talking down to the young pilots try to offer something constructive that will help.

You must of missed the memo that we are not to like Sully anymore because of something he said *

*East v. West.

I just saw it last week. Guy wearing a backpack. Looked like he was on his way to Geometry class. Unbelievable. Some guys just don't give a crap about looking professional in front of the flying public. This on top of the latest crash, does not help our cause at all.

I know what you mean about looking professional in public. I strive for that, that is the last thing that this profession should lose. I see it all the time in the dirty shirts, wrinkled pants/shirts. Tie hanging off, etc. etc.

I think however that may be the way they are though even when not in public.

Part of being professional is also looking professional. I totally agree with you.

And being treated professionally.

And being paid professionally.

It's all interrelated, you see.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, the culmination of the wonderful mass transit bus system with wings that deregulation has created.

There will be MUCH more bloodshed. There will be billions in equipment and property destroyed. Countless lives...

I just hope that the bottom line $99 fare was worth it.

This new reality like a wish from the devil being granted... with strings of course.

Joe Nosepicker: "I want low airline fares. It's my RIGHT to fly."

Satan (Gov't): "Sure.... Open it up. Free skies, CHEAP fares. (No money to pay professionals to be professionals. Oh well, by the time anyone notices, it'll be a decades long fight between management and unions. The public will lose interest... so long as the FARES ARE CHEAP!!).

Joe Nosepicker: "Yay!!!"

I watched the animation. Read the transcript. What occurred was a low altitude stall due to many of our most glaring issues as a "profession" today... if we can still call this a profession.

Complacency.

Inexperience.

Fatigue.

PRIA.

Low pay and poor working conditions.

ETC.

ETC.

ETC.

There will be more crashes like this to come. Avoidable.

The system is set to accommodate low fares for the masses, not to achieve the highest level of safety for those individuals on a particular flight at a given time.

Agreed that attacking a whole group of pilots for the sins of a few is ignorant!

It however is no secret that most regionals leave a lot to be desired in terms of treating their folks as professionals. Insisting on a pressed shirt and a spiffy tie hardly makes anything professional. If it did, then used car salesmen would be held in much higher esteem by all.

As long as this industry continues to engage in its headlong rush for the bottom, there will be bottom feeder operations who will skate by, relying solely on the self motivation of its current pilot group to compensate for their incompetence and greed.

This is not a new development either. Since the early days, this industry has taken the "going above and beyond" mentality of its employees for granted. This is so ingrained that most of us do not even recognize this as a problem. We willingly accept substandard simply because for the most part, we know no other way.

Sad state of affairs!

Many of the major guys carrying backpacks have that for "cockpit defense," if you catch my drift.

Oh. I get it. If you're a legacy guy with a backpack it must be for a 'legitimate' (wink, wink) reason. But if it's a regional youngster they're just unprofessional, because we all know there's no way a regional puke could be carrying a backpack for a 'legitimate' (wink, wink) reason.

Latest resources

Back