• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nov 1st NJA? whats up???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They might need recalls for all the pilots planning on leaving to the airlines, to include this one. All my apps are in and fingers are crossed.

Some are saying there may be a "paper recall".

The advice I have heard is if they call, accept the recall and get the pay! Then, if they call with a class date make your decision.

From what I can gather is this all was started by the director of training in a recurrent class. Then it was asked of the union on the big boy side of the message board. The union said they knew nothing and now there is quite the disscussion over there on that board about it. I have also heard this same story now from 4 different line pilots. Bottom line is you have a Training official saying something and now pilots are talking so Who the hell knows. I will make a decision when the letter is in the mail but none the less its a good rumor.

If it was a paper recall, wouldn't they wait till the very last date possible instead of the Nov1? Either way, I'll wait for the mailman to bring me a present before I get my hopes up.

Anyone know the current number of active pilots and active airframes?

APC lists 2715 active pilots and 409 airframes or 6.64 pilots per plane. My guess is that is outdated information, but the actual number is undoubtedly what management uses to make pilot staffing decisions. Does the contract adress the ratio? I'm sure the pilots would love to see 7+ pilots per plane, and management would like to see 5.5.

I was at recurrent beginning of September. I had a 1 hour job shadow with the ACP on duty. He mentioned everyone was talking about something happening in November. I pushed for more details but he said he didn't know. I asked about a recall and he said he didn't think so. He did say we are understaffed for pilot, flight attendants, and just about every over department.

I pressed everyone I talked to about recall info. Only thing I heard was we are definitely short pilots and flight attendants but top management said no to recalls. EL also said we need more pilots NOW but was told no.

I know this is not helpful info but it's what I was told. I want the recall to happen as much as anyone. They were the best group of pilots we had. Their interview process was tough. Those guys worked hard and were smart. My interview consisted of fogging a mirror. We desperately need some young blood in the system, not the "I ride 3000 miles a year so I can work till I'm 80".:rolleyes: I retarded chimp can ride 3000 miles and lift a car.

We desperately need some young blood in the system, not the "I ride 3000 miles a year so I can work till I'm 80".:rolleyes: I retarded chimp can ride 3000 miles and lift a car.

Are we talking ride a motorcycle 3000 miles a year or ride a bicycle 3000 miles a year?

"I ride 3000 miles a year so I can work till I'm 80".

Oh no you di-int! Bwahahahahaha!!!!!!!

(Folks, he is actually 69)

So, here comes the thread hijack!

Anyone know the current number of active pilots and active airframes?

APC lists 2715 active pilots and 409 airframes or 6.64 pilots per plane. My guess is that is outdated information, but the actual number is undoubtedly what management uses to make pilot staffing decisions. Does the contract adress the ratio? I'm sure the pilots would love to see 7+ pilots per plane, and management would like to see 5.5.

If the FAA website is accurate:

402 airframes
8 Globals
10 Phenoms

Last time I checked the FAA site, NJA was down to maybe 394-397 a/c

So they added 18 new a/c but had a net gain of around 7 or so total a/c

The contract absolutely addresses pilot/airframe ratio, but NJA is well above the minimum numbers so it is moot. Pilot count is around 2550 give or take. Current ratio seems to be around 6.3 +/-... in the good times the ratio was nearly identical...

Recalls could be around the corner if deliveries continue, but the real question is how many disposals are still coming? That could be why management is so hesitant. They know what still has to be disposed of and forecasting the needs further down the road.....

Latest resources

Back