• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nov 1st NJA? whats up???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would surges a massive email and call campaign to the Eboard about them including the 495 screwed club in every email they send. Every Friday they remind folks we are on the street.

We can complain to each other and them this way!

How about it. ???

EVERYONE send emails

In order for the senior guys to sell out on the junior guys it would have to be presented to the pilot group to a vote which means the leadership would have to release the CBA to a vote. Not one of the current leadership is going to release any CBA to a vote (with an endorsement) that contains the creation of a second class group of active pilots (after recall).

The CBA being negotiated will take a number of years to finish and given the current under staffing level it is reasonable, given the current ops tempo and growth, that many if not all the pilots will be offered recall. Those that accept recall will get to vote.

That all sounds good, but one union leader's opinion is only an opinion, not fact.

Please reference the furloughed side of the NJASAP forum for detailed information on this...

Recall rights negotiated away with a new contract.

I would be very surprised if we had a contract negotiated before the recall. First vote is at least 2 years away IMO.

Also are you sure the company would even want that?

If they need to hire, why wouldn't they wan to keep the people they already hired?

If I were the company ... I would want junior pay higher and senior pay lower... in view of the possibility of strong pilot hiring at airlines

If they need to hire, why wouldn't they wan to keep the people they already hired?

What pay level is the most junior guy on furlough at and where would they come back into the pay scale? My guess is the company figures it's cheaper to have a bunch of new-hires on year 1 pay. Amortize out the cost of initial training over a few years, which really is just a reallocation of funds under Uncle Warren's umbrella, and the reduced salary pays for the additional cost.

No dog in this particular fight, just trying to stay abreast of industry happenings...

It would be cheaper if there were people to hire. Why would I go to NJA when you need 2500 hours when the airlines only need 1500? I believe they need to keep the pay up for the junior pilots

There are current f/o's leaving or trying to leave for airlines

Last edited:
It would be cheaper if there were people to hire. Why would I go to NJA when you need 2500 hours when the airlines only need 1500? I believe they need to keep the pay up for the junior pilots

There are current f/o's leaving or trying to leave for airlines

I hear ya. We've got senior captains leaving as well....and many more trying.

I would be very surprised if we had a contract negotiated before the recall. First vote is at least 2 years away IMO.

If I were the company ... I would want junior pay higher and senior pay lower... in view of the possibility of strong pilot hiring at airlines

No disrespect, but are you kidding?!?!? Why would the company want to pay me and my fellow f-lows 8 year pay and growing when they can get 1st year guys to do the same job for a fraction of the pay?
I highly doubt the lawyer and his team care what the airlines are doing. We are a dime a dozen in their eyes.

The lowest FO would come back at year 6 pay. Also one of the eboard even said one time that the current furlough guys would keep their recall rights under the old CBA and new hires would fall under any new CBA recall rights. Reading between the lines he is basically saying they would consider a "B scale of recall rights" just like they did for bases in the 2005 CBA. Sure 5 bases is fine as long as we all get to keep our 200 bases. I would not be shocked at all to be sold down the river for a .01 percent raise. NetJets will never have a shortage of qualified applicants. If you think there are not thousands of guys (always will be) with 2500 hours who would love to work there you have no clue of the current pilot market.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back