• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nov 1st NJA? whats up???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hope the Unions information is more accurate than Rimon and Ward predicting nearly guaranteed more furloughs coming in the Spring of 2012... Remember those good times!! We were talking extended days and 18 day schedules, they were talking more furloughs.......

Whatever happened to those guys and that arrogant SOB Timko?

Oh-- okay; I get it. Union says to MGMT during section 6 negotiations "look; only 10% of the furloughed even want to come back! This job isn't the cheesecake gig it once was! You're behind the times and the industry, so you better pay us more before you have a staffing shortage."

..Something like that?

Sorry-- forgot to think politically and how one side always trys to gain leverage (real or imagined) for a moment. Maybe cause it's Christmas.
Btw, Merry Christmas

Jackpot!!!

Now the union pretends to deny this 10% BS rumor isn't a union problem, but simply a union rep stating his opinion:puke: They negotiate a pay raise and all the while stating to management and line pilots that all the furloughs have moved on. Lets not waste any more precious resources on a group that has no plans to return. Nice and clean and nobody gets hurt......except the 495 that have been shafted from day one in this whole debacle!!!!!

Every time someone brings this up on our furlough page, our two remaining reps give the same canned answer. "We have no plans to negotiate away your rights AT THIS TIME". A hell no, we wont accept anything less than your return if you like would be an answer I would and should accept. :mad:

Be glad you left. I am finishing up a 2nd degree and will flood the market in 4 weeks when I graduate. I hope one day to look back and realize this NJ nightmare was merely a speed bump in my road to happiness!!;)

Last edited:
Jackpot!!!

They negotiate a pay raise and all the while stating to management and line pilots that all the furloughs have moved on. Lets not waste any more precious resources on a group that has no plans to return. Nice and clean and nobody gets hurt......except the 495 that have been shafted from day one in this whole debacle!!!!!
You mean the senior people in the union don't look out for the junior guys in the union. What about the brotherhood we hear about all the time?:eek:

It is ironic that the union's behavior has probably created 500 very pro management pilots. IF we ever come back it will certainly weaken the union. I know my respect for the entire operation has dropped dramatically.

Amateur hour from day one....

Whatever happened to those guys and that arrogant SOB Timko?

Oh, he's pi$$ing away a little more union money filing charges against the EBoard for firing him....somehow thinks he's indispensible. Sadly, he's brainwashed a small, vocal cabal into believing it too.

Oh, he's pi$$ing away a little more union money filing charges against the EBoard for firing him....somehow thinks he's indispensible. Sadly, he's brainwashed a small, vocal cabal into believing it too.

On more than one occasion that guy almost went as far as telling us we are clueless... I'd personally be happy if he'd lose a chin or two so he'd atleast "look" healthy.

The kicker was him saying he's glad we didn't have access to the regular msg board because of the turmoil it would have caused... When we quickly responded by saying "wait, we thought it was a legal position NOT to allow access!" he quickly tried to worm his way out of his statement.. If anyone wants to point a finger at Union officials for any future disgruntlement amongst recallees.. I vote for him..

FYI: I am not returning, but find NJA stuff still interesting to read/comment

I think they have made a block of 500 guys that will be bent on both kicking mgt. and the Eboard in the nuts. Help us all if one of the 495 runs for office. He would get my vote just to watch!

I think they have made a block of 500 guys that will be bent on both kicking mgt. and the Eboard in the nuts. Help us all if one of the 495 runs for office. He would get my vote just to watch!

Amen brother !

I have to believe a recall is coming sooner than later. I'm thinking this spring. We will not have a TA in place prior to recalls. You will get to voice your opinion in the form of a vote. I think the majority of the guys really care what happens to the furloughed pilots. We are also seeing pilots go back to their airline gigs. Your time is coming. I will be there to welcome you back. Just my personal opinion, I dont believe we will see more than 30 percent come back. I think everyone should say "hell yeah, I'm coming back". I would play these cards close to my vest. You don't have to quit until the last LOA is turned down. I think a new type at the expense of an A$$hole management team just before taking an airline gig might be good sauce for the gander :)

What is happening with natural attention and the impact on staffing? I assume some pilots (especially low seniority FOs with very long upgrade times) are leaving as airline slots open up. What happens if another 20 FOs leave for the airlines?

Latest resources

Back