Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Notice how AA drops routes it competes with JB on? For the DOJ in future merger?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

coogebeachhotel

Seems that AA and JB are playing a perfect game. JB moves into route. AA soon after dumps it. Therefore in the event of merger AA can say "but there is no monopoly on routes x,y, and z because JB only did the route pre-merger". A very clever type of move, very UAL CAL................

A merger between AA and B6 makes no sense at all. They would still have to divest almost all of B6's JFK slots to other Airlines along with Terminal 5. I could see a Codeshare with B6 and eventual membership into OneWorld Alliance, but not a full up merger. I think a merger between B6 and WN or FL is more likely.

A merger between AA and B6 makes no sense at all. They would still have to divest almost all of B6's JFK slots to other Airlines along with Terminal 5. I could see a Codeshare with B6 and eventual membership into OneWorld Alliance, but not a full up merger. I think a merger between B6 and WN or FL is more likely.

Does any merger make sense other than to take a competitor out of the picture?

That is correct. Also, the AA and USAir merger doesn't look right either, with AA and US having large hubs on the East Coast flying to Europe. But, if that would give AA a larger piece of the total North Atlantic pie, then they might consider it, even though the hubs are close. Same with Jetblue. They see being number 1 at JFK as the prize.

Bye Bye---General Lee

If AA buys jetblue they will have to divest a HUGE number of slots at JFK. And those slots will go to other LCCs like Airtran/SWA, VX, Frontier, etc. That will put AA right back in the same situation they are in today, with a new LCC nipping at their routes.

Codeshare with AA and/or oneworld alliance membership for jetblue makes complete sense, and I believe that will happen much sooner than later.

What are some of the Pro's and Con's of a code share agreement?

Pros
More feed for AA int'l flights, or flights JB doesnt offer

Cons
AA Domestic shrinks

Cons: Probably violation of pilot contract scope provisions. If Arpey want to bring his already bad labor relations to an full blown boil, that's a good way to do it.

Latest resources

Back