Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Nothing but Gray Skies" article.. good read until the end.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Andy said:
Here's the copy and paste:
Andy said:
"They're a bunch of spoiled brats," he said. "Historically, this has been a really cushy job once you get to the majors. You make a lot of money, and you don't have to fly a lot. But there had to be a market balancing at some point."

I can understand the "teeter totter" analogy, but why do they have to penalize the "fat kid"? Balance can be achieved by paying Caravan and Beech 99 guys 150K to 200K a year. If the guys in the middle can't look at both ends of the teeter totter and figure out what's going on, we could harvest their organs and use the rest for mineral recyling.

Last edited:
Jeff, well spoken and to the point. I encourage SWAPA to take strong action against the Times in this matter. A half column inch retraction on page 2 is likely all you'll get, unfortunately.

To all of us, however, this event serves as a graphic reminder that we must get both sides of the story before drawing a conclusion. All too often we simply make a decision based on inaccurate or misrepresented information. While entertaining, we needlessly energized the "jumpseat denial " issue.

As a previous poster stated, sometimes, indeed, we are our own worst enemy. And there's always another side to the story...

Jeff Hefner said:
I tried to post earlier and it disappeared into cyberspace so if it eventually shows up please forgive the two posts. This thread and forum was passed on to me this morning and I decided to join so I could personally address the controversy.

I am the much maligned and detested Jeff Hefner that is the topic of this thread. Let me say first and categorically that this "interview" never took place and the "quotes" attributed to me are not factual and are fabricated. I have never spoken with this individual nor any other reporter about this topic and the quotes are not my views. Now how this happened is anybody's guess but I think from the conversations that the SWAPA President has had with this reporter might shed some light on it.

I am the current SWAPA Air Safety Committee Chair and the Go-Team Chief Investigator. The events of 8 Dec. 2005 at MDW have unfortunately somewhat heightened my visibility in the national aviation community. In January I authored and released a SWAPA Air Safety Alert which dealt with winter operations and some programming issues that involved our on-board performance computer. This Alert was distributed to our pilot group and a copy of it found its way into the hands of this reporter. Our staff here at SWAPA has a record of this guy attempting to contact me after the alert was released but he was not put through. I don't do interviews nor am I the public face of our union. When confronted with my denial yesterday by our union president the reporter began some creative story changing and now has no recollection of when he actually might have spoken to me. Fact is he never has, and never will.

For those of you that gave us the benefit of the doubt until the facts could be determined, thanks! For those of you that did not, well, think about your initial reaction. Try not to use the jumpseat as a weapon, we are all much better than that

Jeff Hefner
SWAPA Air Safety
Jeff ole buddy will you walk my resume in.

SW and their people continue to amaze me. I am a proud member of ALPA, but I have a hard time seeing anybody in Herndon running something like this to ground that fast and getting the truth out.

Kudos to Jeff and SWAPA.

Oh yeah, the NYT sucks donkey. That ought to about cover the flyby.

FJ

NYT is, for some reason, held up as the standard for what news reporting should be. Strange considering how many of their reporters have been caught in the past couple of years simply making stuff up. The Arts section isn't too bad, but beyond that you might as well read The Weekly World News.

PCL_128 said:
Are we really surprised? Come on, this is to be expected from SWAPA reps.

Douchebag, put down the ALPA crack pipe!

Jeff Hefner said:
I tried to post earlier and it disappeared into cyberspace so if it eventually shows up please forgive the two posts. This thread and forum was passed on to me this morning and I decided to join so I could personally address the controversy.

I am the much maligned and detested Jeff Hefner that is the topic of this thread. Let me say first and categorically that this "interview" never took place and the "quotes" attributed to me are not factual and are fabricated. I have never spoken with this individual nor any other reporter about this topic and the quotes are not my views. Now how this happened is anybody's guess but I think from the conversations that the SWAPA President has had with this reporter might shed some light on it.

I am the current SWAPA Air Safety Committee Chair and the Go-Team Chief Investigator. The events of 8 Dec. 2005 at MDW have unfortunately somewhat heightened my visibility in the national aviation community. In January I authored and released a SWAPA Air Safety Alert which dealt with winter operations and some programming issues that involved our on-board performance computer. This Alert was distributed to our pilot group and a copy of it found its way into the hands of this reporter. Our staff here at SWAPA has a record of this guy attempting to contact me after the alert was released but he was not put through. I don't do interviews nor am I the public face of our union. When confronted with my denial yesterday by our union president the reporter began some creative story changing and now has no recollection of when he actually might have spoken to me. Fact is he never has, and never will.

For those of you that gave us the benefit of the doubt until the facts could be determined, thanks! For those of you that did not, well, think about your initial reaction. Try not to use the jumpseat as a weapon, we are all much better than that

Jeff Hefner
SWAPA Air Safety

Jeff,

1. Thanks for coming on here to tell your side.
2. Thanks for volunteering. Air Safety guys are the unsung heroes of union work.
3. I slimed you on another thread for the statements attributed to you. I apologize. Sometimes my indignation clouds my timing.

Blue skies.

Shoot first, ask questions later. The person who is right can always prove it, as Jeff has splendidly done here. Nice job, you're off the hook.

Now lets go after the reporter.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back