• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Notes from the Delta Conference Call...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep, it will happen sooner than you think. I even think that there are one or two on deck after AS!

I can see AS being a great deal because of the lack of overlap and the West coast operation. Other than that, I don't see the DOJ approving any other acquisitions. I think they will even have a tough time getting an AS acquisition approved. Airtran would never be approved. JetBlue would never get approved. Spirit might get approved, but unlikely. other than that, who else would we want?

What I really want to hear is that all future CRJ900's and E-jets are coming to mainline. I'd be fine with the shuttle being E-jets if we flew them. Maybe we could buy SkyWest then staple them all. That would get us out of the ridiculous contract we have with them. :)

I'd like to be on record saying, in one year, we will still be in the same place, still speculating on all this.

Don't worry KID one day soon you will see our airplanes in ATL and then we will talk about beeing productive and customer satisfaction.
Wonderful. Another PFT swa skirt shows up to put her .02 in. Which airplanes, Westjet, or Volaris?
Listen rookie. Stop back when you have less time. Until then, maybe you should concentrate on getting your own house in order, FNG!

Again, good night junior!

Last edited:
Bullsh*t. They are looking to replace 50 seat rj's with 76 seat rj's. The point of outsourcing to the the regionals to begin with was to attack our wages. They are never going to go the other way. You will never see an rj replaced by a mainline aircraft. You are way too optimistic. We should have gotten way better scope in regards to the 76 seater. This is going to bite us in the ass.

If you were hired before Sept 1st, 2001, or have a guy junior to you hired before then, then it will be VERY expensive to furlough you. Anyone hired before that date (or again has someone junior to you who was) and is furloughed will trigger a clause in our joint contract that makes Delta take 6 seats out of EVERY 76 seat RJ. That means a lot less revenue, and time and effort to remove the seats again.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Its waaaaaaay past your bed time junior.
Good night!

Wow. Figured you'd be under your rock for a while. Thanks for crawling out and adding some solid intellectual discourse to the discussion. I am truly in awe of your erudition.

I look forward to the day that your "former Northwest pilot" FO knocks a few of your teeth out on day 3 of a 4 day pattern... I mean rotation.... when you look over at him and address him as "junior" or "cupcake."

Oh... wait. I forgot. You're just a flight sim geek who lives in Mom's basement and is baffled as to why his name didn't show up on the ISSL. Good luck with that one.... JUNIOR.

I'd like to be on record saying, in one year, we will still be in the same place, still speculating on all this.

Maybe, but pretty much every move the company has made recently makes more sense if you look at it from the perspective that a merger is in the works. For example management is clearly not interested in even creating the image they are negotiating in good faith. If they cared about dragging out the negotiations as long as possible they would not be negotiating in a manner that has the mediator noting self help is an option. Plus alliance with delta, vp of flt ops from delta, anderson taking time to personaly meet with ayer in the middle of merger with nwa, alaska hording cash that makes them even more desirable, new president that is a pure finance guy, etc. Not to mention all the reasons it makes sense plus comments by delta management as well as credit suisse. Only thing that would make it clearer would be if Saretsky popped up in some position at delta.

Last edited:
Bullsh*t. They are looking to replace 50 seat rj's with 76 seat rj's. The point of outsourcing to the the regionals to begin with was to attack our wages. They are never going to go the other way. You will never see an rj replaced by a mainline aircraft. You are way too optimistic. We should have gotten way better scope in regards to the 76 seater. This is going to bite us in the ass.

There is more to the economics of operating the right airplanes on the right routes than pilot wages.

AirTran replaced outsourced RJ's with mainline aircraft (717) because that was the most efficient way to do it. Granted, that was the 717 over a CRJ-200, and the 717 is 20% more efficient than the DC9.

If you were hired before Sept 1st, 2001, or have a guy junior to you hired before then, then it will be VERY expensive to furlough you. Anyone hired before that date (or again has someone junior to you who was) and is furloughed will trigger a clause in our joint contract that makes Delta take 6 seats out of EVERY 76 seat RJ. That means a lot less revenue, and time and effort to remove the seats again.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Not to mention flushing and retraining the entire Compass list 2x!

Latest resources

Back