• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, what is up with all
generalizing aren't you?
of the miltary folks getting great avation jobs
there are great jobs out here?
and then going on miltary leave? It's great that you protecting our country, but don't you think your milking the system?
OK sonny, I don't think flying into harms way is milking any system
I've ran into so many
once again your generalizing
miltary guy's that keep going back to active duty for 3 and 4 tours, just so when they come back there senroity number is great or they hold out for bigger iron. I've been seening this for some time
some time as in a week, a month, you heard it from a friend of a friend?
and I just don't get it.
nor will you
Why are you doing this?

I'm all for the miltary, I tried and didn't get in.
and they say our standards have been lowered
Very long stroy.
I'm not dogging anyone or any branch
no not dogging, just bringing it up before thanksgiving
, I'm just wondering is it just me?
its you Einstein
I've asked some of the miltary guy's and they say just so they can get a kick butt schedual
and you believed it, ever hear of sarcasm?
. That is just for the wrong reasons.[/quote

4 posts, YGBSM, go back to Flight sim boy.

Hold on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY GOD!!!

Exceuse the hell out of me for thinking faster then what my fingers can type!!! Yes, I've talked to 4 miltary guy's doing this. "Milking" the system. I'm not going to name names or they work, but they know who they are. I'm sorry if you think I ment all milatry guy's are doing this, didn't mean it that way!! Sorry for the bad timeing. Alot of us have family too and still have to work the holiday's.

The 4 guy's I'm talking about just do pond crossings and Euro stuff. I asked how they liked sand and they all said they were not there. Sure there are bad egg's, on both side's. But why should they get to milk the system when others, on both side's, get screwed?

I know a lot of vet's from all over. I love to listen to the things they have seen and done. I've alway's thanked each one, no matter what they did, for letting me hear there story. Some of them have said that it's said that there are some "milking" the system.

So if you took this personaly, get off your high horse!!

If I have offended the "real" miltary guy's, I'm sorry.

If you are going to judge me the number of post, sorry I've got better things to do then sit around bitch at some one about the number of post!! I've just flying too much and my plane doesn't get internet!!

Last edited:
just doing pond crossings...

I'll be the first to admit, I am milking the system. I sit left seat on my MIL LV vacation days, and right seat at the other job. I've had many people congratulate me on getting my PIC time and forgoing the right seat crap at my flailing regional job. Yes, I get paid double at the Reserves that I do on the line. I was one of the lucky ones who, with no effort at all, eased into a pilot slot, graduated top third of my class and started sucking the reserve teet. I got lucky, milking the system.

I got lucky enough to pass gas to guys hauling the remains of 19 and 20 year old kids who gave their lives, not to debate union v. mngmt, but to debate freedom v. the death of civilization. I am milking the system by being on-time with a boat load of gas to give to a receiver so they can get supplies to and from the AOR, with min time on the ground. I love milking the system over the pond, while my daughter asks my wife, "when is daddy coming home?" I will milk, and scam and be unethical as much as I can to do my part for the war effort, no matter how dismayed I am with its progress or my personal opinions. I will do all of that to honor those that have worn the uniform before me. I guess we all have our priorities though.

I'll be the first to admit, I am milking the system. I sit left seat on my MIL LV vacation days, and right seat at the other job. I've had many people congratulate me on getting my PIC time and forgoing the right seat crap at my flailing regional job. Yes, I get paid double at the Reserves that I do on the line. I was one of the lucky ones who, with no effort at all, eased into a pilot slot, graduated top third of my class and started sucking the reserve teet. I got lucky, milking the system.

I got lucky enough to pass gas to guys hauling the remains of 19 and 20 year old kids who gave their lives, not to debate union v. mngmt, but to debate freedom v. the death of civilization. I am milking the system by being on-time with a boat load of gas to give to a receiver so they can get supplies to and from the AOR, with min time on the ground. I love milking the system over the pond, while my daughter asks my wife, "when is daddy coming home?" I will milk, and scam and be unethical as much as I can to do my part for the war effort, no matter how dismayed I am with its progress or my personal opinions. I will do all of that to honor those that have worn the uniform before me. I guess we all have our priorities though.
Bingo. And if that is considered "milking the system"--then so be it.

Exceuse the hell out of me for thinking faster then what my fingers can type!!! Yes, I've talked to 4 miltary guy's doing this. "Milking" the system. I'm not going to name names or they work, but they know who they are. I'm sorry if you think I ment all milatry guy's are doing this, didn't mean it that way!! Sorry for the bad timeing. Alot of us have family too and still have to work the holiday's.

The 4 guy's I'm talking about just do pond crossings and Euro stuff. I asked how they liked sand and they all said they were not there. Sure there are bad egg's, on both side's. But why should they get to milk the system when others, on both side's, get screwed?

I know a lot of vet's from all over. I love to listen to the things they have seen and done. I've alway's thanked each one, no matter what they did, for letting me hear there story. Some of them have said that it's said that there are some "milking" the system.

If I have offended the "real" miltary guy's, I'm sorry.

If you are going to judge me the number of post, sorry I've got better things to do then sit around bitch at some one about the number of post!! I've just flying too much and my plane doesn't get internet!!
Dude, the guys who say "milking the system" are probably being facetious. They have to do the days to be current so many times you say "milking the system" in jest around your non military brethrern just to deflect the good natured joking that usually follows anyway. Many times, if you have to do the duty anyway, you have options that are more advantageous to your situation, so you use those options. Lighten up Francis. If the military guys get thrown a bone on occasion, its not like they don't pay for it later.

Since most of the industry is in the toilet it is in the best interests of most Mil folks to go on orders to make up for the money they used to make. Not rocket science that these guys now have to make up for the retirements they lost as well as the major pay hits. Leave them alone.

!!

Kid, you started this going public when you could have easily done a search of the forum using the words military leave abuse.

And as you can see, your welcome.

And would you please quit using so damn many apostrophes! Seriously though, do you think after we get deployed on these all-expenses-paid vacations by Uncle Sam that we're thrilled to go into a PC cold? It's tough enough staying current and proficient in two completely different airframes and sets of regs...

My .02

Ok, I'm off that. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

A good friend of mine is on orders, while taking the MIL bypass from a UAL recall flying those remains of 19 and 20 yr olds who have given their lives. Right now, he's probably at about 30 west coming west, while his twin 2 daughters have another thanksgiving without their dad.

Yeah, its all a bed of roses.

To all wearing the uniform, HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING, we're all praying for your safe return back to the real world of booze, bars, and broads :)

Latest resources

Back