• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Not trying to be mean....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Adler driver.. I've seen guys seek out long term orders... They aren't made up orders.. They are very real...

They join an airline... get trained and then find a MIL staff job or a desk to work for three years making 3x or more coin..watching the sen list...

Not impressed with your personal comments...

Maybe it b/c I'm a Yanks fan and the 2006 BOS Massacre bile is still fresh.... Well you got the Pats..... I guess...

Last edited:
Rez -- you are an a$$. I can't believe I serve for puds like you.

If you know of any Guard or Reserve jobs that get me home every night and the only thing I have to work is a desk -- then PM me. After I get my 14 days off from jb, I give 6-8 of them back to the squadron I fly for, yes, most of us PILOTS fly airplanes in SQUADRONS. I am currently deployed, but when I am not I am still away from the family and frequently away from any type of amenities that you might get on your average EWR layover. Oh, and I commute to both. Bad on me.

You can't cloak your stoopid response with a "99%" excuse and expect any of us who work TWICE as hard as you (2 jobs, get it?) to sympathize with your uneducated opinion. As for the "system" you so cutely deride, it's called USERRA, your government is responsible for it, and your freedom depends upon it.

Honestly though, I know of nobody in my unit or have heard of someone doing this kind of crap. Anybody have any mil leave abuse stories?

Unfortunately it only takes a few bad apples to make reservists look bad. I used to work with one putz who would run around bragging that he was only going to have to commute to his domicile once or twice the entire month because he got his unit to assign him duty that woult interfere with his assigned trips. The company was on to him and knew he was manipulating the system but of course there was nothing they could do.

99.9 % of the reserve guys do their best to balance things in good fashion. And like everyone else I'm thankful for their service. Used to be a reserve guy myself for several years after getting off active duty.

Rez -- you are an a$$. I can't believe I serve for puds like you.

Oh.. is your service conditional? Will you only serve if you like the people you are serving for?

If you know of any Guard or Reserve jobs that get me home every night and the only thing I have to work is a desk -- then PM me. After I get my 14 days off from jb, I give 6-8 of them back to the squadron I fly for, yes, most of us PILOTS fly airplanes in SQUADRONS. I am currently deployed, but when I am not I am still away from the family and frequently away from any type of amenities that you might get on your average EWR layover. Oh, and I commute to both. Bad on me.

Yet, I wasn't talking about you.... b/c you don't abuse MIL leave.

You can't cloak your stoopid response with a "99%" excuse and expect any of us who work TWICE as hard as you (2 jobs, get it?) to sympathize with your uneducated opinion. As for the "system" you so cutely deride, it's called USERRA, your government is responsible for it, and your freedom depends upon it.

Oh..so now you work twice as hard as I do? How do you know? Are you just better than me too?

If I am so uneducated why this....?

Unfortunately it only takes a few bad apples to make reservists look bad. I used to work with one putz who would run around bragging that he was only going to have to commute to his domicile once or twice the entire month because he got his unit to assign him duty that woult interfere with his assigned trips. The company was on to him and knew he was manipulating the system but of course there was nothing they could do.

And why has the CP told MIL guys in new hire class "Don't abuse MIL leave?"

To be objective, companies ignore USERRA often. Many hard working MIL guys have to fight thier own companies to enure they don't get screwed. I only had a couple of cases and I was more than happy to represent those guys....

I'll focus on the 99% and you can forget the 1% exists..... fair? :beer:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back