• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Not looking good at FLYi

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Back to FLYI's condition. The stock is trading above a dollar now. I wonder if it is being manipulatied somehow to keep it from being de-listed by NASDAQ? Anyone?

Latest rumour du jour is a takeover by TAP.

91 said:
Is it really that silly? "Common" doesn't make it right.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

I knew people in the early/mid-90's who had over 3000TT and couldn't get a nibble from ANYONE. If you didn't pay your way into ComAir, ACA, CommutAir, CoEx, etc., you simply weren't going to get an airline job. The way it was then is not the way it is now, or even the way it was 5-7 years ago.

http://www.negocios.pt/default.asp?...&CpMsgId=321478

English News

The Portuguese State will buy FLYi Inc

Lisbon - A source from the department of transports said that the Portuguese state is very interested in buyFLYi Inc. The state company TAP -Transportes Aéreos Portugues could launch a takeover to FLYi Inc. This plan of the takeover of FLYi Inc is the same that TAP did with the Brazilian airlines VARIG. The same source said Portugal's TAP will supported its plan to invest in debt-ridden American airline and keep the loss-making national flag carrier flying. The source said the Portuguese State could notifie tomorrow the Portuguese National Securities Market Commission (CNMV) that it was willing to waive the condition of a 75% minimum acceptance level to which its public offer for the acquisition FLYi Inc shares was subject, taking into consideration that the response received will be sufficient to develop the business project pursued through the takeover bid. The Portuguese State will launch a takeover bid for FLYi Inc with the payment of 1,5 euros for each of the that responded to the tender offer, this initial offer could reach the limit of price of 1,85 euros for each share of the american company. The same source said the deal would not affect Portugal's public deficit and would allow FLYi Inc to maintain its domestic services.

So what if they had to pay for training? Every airline at that time had pay-for-training.
Everyone's all high and mighty now and they've forgotten exactly how many major airline pilots are walking around with PFT in their background. They did what they had to do to get ahead, and that's all. That's exactly what others are doing now. Whatever we have to do to get to where we want to go. If you didn't, that's fine with me. But don't criticize my choice, because you don't walk in my shoes (not high heels either). A year and a half at Gulfstream, one at a regional, and now I have an interview for a GV FO position. At something under 600TT I will be flying something larger than half the whiners in the regional forum, and I already have 250 hours part 121 for later.

Suckers.

RM

ERAU2GIA said:
I already have 250 hours part 121 for later.

Wow, that's an impressive amount. I'm sure you'll blow the interview committee away. Don't forget to mention that you've got time in a CRJ Sim too.

Last edited:
Stifler's Mom said:
Wow, that's an impressive amount. I'm sure you'll blow the interview committee away. Don't forget to mention that you've got time in a CRJ Sim too.

Too late ERAU, I saw your Aircraft Experience List before you went and changed it to say CL200.

SUCKER!!!!!!!!!

ERAU2GIA said:
and now I have an interview for a GV FO position. At something under 600TT I will be flying something larger than half the whiners in the regional forum

Suckers.

RM

Not to burst your bubble about the job, but you will merely be what the industry terms a "squawk and talk."

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back