• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Not enough pilots out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This thread is BS. There is NO pilot shortage. Plenty of pilots out there with 1000tt and 100multi ready to go fly a crj for 20g's to impress the parents. Way too many pilots out there. There may eventually someday be a shortage of safely qualified pilots. But never a shortage of 300 hour noobs willing to work for Mesa.

Althought I tend to disagree with pilotyip with just about everything, I do have to say that he is constantly a glass is half full guy with a good attitude that I commend him on. I wish I was the same way.

PunchTheClown said:
Althought I tend to disagree with pilotyip with just about everything, I do have to say that he is constantly a glass is half full guy with a good attitude that I commend him on. I wish I was the same way.

I, on the other hand, am more like you, I am a glass on the floor in pieces kind of guy.

hahahahah that cracks me up man.

I find it interesting to read the different comments on this message board. I see lots of negativity but yet when I talk to my friends and other random individuals who fly for a variety of Regionals they have nothing but great things to say. NOW, they are all under 27 and if you don't count a GF have no financial responsibilities to others, which is a different story. I personally am looking forward to working with a Regional comp and even though the pay does suck I love flying too much to turn my back on it so quickly.

Pilotyip is a recruiter/training guy for USA Jet. It is a common practice now in the trucking industry for recruiters to moderate websites to pump their company to help fill slots. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Truckers have shorter duty days and CAN make a lot more money over the long term than people that fly for anything less than the major airlines. Not much difference between the two with respect to the working conditions and respect one receives on the job.

It should be a warning sign when becoming a pilot is DIRECTLY comparable with being a truck driver. And the trucking industry has gotten significantly worse in the last twenty years. Pilot shortage or not, pilot wages will not go up.

Where is Kit Darby when you need him?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back