• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Not again....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow Skywest is a great regional, their pilots actually get the chance to get loaded where as some other regionals require their pilots to sleep standing at layovers.

rickair7777 said:
I really, really hope this is flamebait. Naturally the TSA m*therf%&*&s would want to have priority right below an FAA inspecctor...
No, it's not flamebait. Within a year after they were formed they tried to get jumpseat access. In fact, it was when they were still allowing NO pilots, even from their own airlines to have actual jumpseat access. They figured that since the jumpseat was ALWAYS available, they would have it made.

I thought it was a crime for any one to board an airplane drunk...so why can't the TSA pick drunk passengers out too. I'm not saying that pilots should be left alone if they are thought to be drunk but seriously why not passengers too?

Just a thought here........Nowhere in the article did it say he failed a sobreity test or mention the results of a BAC test. You guys are blaming TSA for railroading pilots but you are doing a good job of it yourselves. Why not wait until something official is posted before tearing the guy up?

miles otoole said:
Railroaded? Exactly. They railroaded the rest of us professional pilots by showing up to work after an all night bender. My guess is that they are currently taking the old number 9 freight train up the caboose. "Unfortunately", they will end up getting out of the can having to wear depends for the rest of their lives while being allowed to drive a school bus. dang liberal laws.

Nope... No school bus for them. Can't get hired with a felony conviction. Life is not going to be kind to those guys when they get out of the pokey.

I am going to take a spritzer of rum with me and spray myself just before going threw security. Screw them. They need to be looking for Mahamad Al Jackmeoff, not the sobriety police. It is your responsibility not to show up to work drunk, Stupid. Stupid, Stupid

Hmmm,
The original poster posts "not again..."?

Can we believe that people use alcohol? How about abuse alcohol? How about being addicted to alcohol?

If one is addicted, they will bend the rules to use it. The only way people get a chance to face their drinking problem is to have consequences. Sometimes that involves a 3rd party saying - hey you can't be here at this time, while you have have been drinking.

IF this pilot has been confirmed of showing up with alcohol in his/her system, then they should face appropriate consequences.

However, will this happen again and again? Well, if only we could crack the code on addiction. For those who don't have drinking problems, this seems oh so easy.

Guys and gals that don't drink on overnights, that normally might at home seem to be a bit conservative. It is possible to have a drink or two on an overnight, and with proper rest (time), have it COMPLETELY out of your system prior to a showtime. To suggest that your body has a memory effect of alcohol, or that some aura is present suggesting you once had alcohol and you might still be impaired well after a time that dissiaptes the effects (cognitive and physiological), is simply silly. That approach is akin to a management kneejerk reaction to small items--make a big stance for a small problem, or one that isn't at all, but giving window dressing to it. Do what you like, but for valid reasons...

...if you're paranoid about getting caught 13 hrs after drinking two drinks, say so--it has nothing to do with the physical effects of alcohol, however.

man....i picked the wrong week to quit sniffin glue

Latest resources

Back