• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Not again....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When are people going to learn? They are not kidding around about this stuff anymore. Those two from Cactus were railroaded for a reason. The government wanted to make an example out of them. If your going to drink on a trip then be smart about it! Why is there a need to get ******************** faced on a trip anyways?

A follow-up question here...

What are the implications/consequences placed on the other crew member for not "taking action" and allowing his/her CA/FO to fly under the influence?

bmpilot2003 said:
I quit drinking all together on overnights. They are out to get you at the security check points now.

Me too, just not worth it. I would rather drink on my off days so I can drink intil the sun comes up if I want.

Instinct said:
A follow-up question here...

What are the implications/consequences placed on the other crew member for not "taking action" and allowing his/her CA/FO to fly under the influence?

FAA: None that I know of... 91.13 maybe?
Company: They can fire you (seen it happen)
State/Local Law: They could probably find something to charge you with.

If your curious about the consequences then just look at the America West guys. Five years in prison I think?

Your absolutly right about the TSA being out to get us. Those losers would like nothing more then to bust a pilot in uniform. Makes a great story to tell that evening when they go back to the ghetto or the trailer.

I quit drinking period. Gave up on model airplanes too.

I actually heard at one point that TSA was trying to get jumpseat priviledges, but that it got shot down by the airlines. Can you believe having one of those fat A$$es on your jumpseat!

Latest resources

Back