• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Not again....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flight instructing in a college program, a roommate of mine wouldn't drink any alcohol THREE days before his simulator portion (first part) of the Comair interview process beacause he "didn't want anything used against him" to get the job. Funny stuff. I personally don't drink much at all on overnights because it's so damn expensive usually compared to drinking at home. Veracruz 30 hour overnight is a different story. Anyways there is no excuse to showing up drunk when you can always call in sick and the union (hmmmm, Skywest - ummmmmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmm, okay maybe not) and most companies provide employee support lines in addition to all the other national resources available to all the alcoholics out there. You gotta be sober at some point to recognize you have a problem.

bmpilot2003 said:
I actually heard at one point that TSA was trying to get jumpseat priviledges, but that it got shot down by the airlines. Can you believe having one of those fat A$$es on your jumpseat!

Why would TSA need to commute??? I thought all of them are hired locally. It's not like they have to fly to one of their homebases, or they bases change all the time.

Getting jumpseat priviliges to ALL Flight Attendants would make more sense.

FC

Flying-Corporal said:
Why would TSA need to commute??? I thought all of them are hired locally. It's not like they have to fly to one of their homebases, or they bases change all the time.

FC

Probably in the name of safety, but more likely for a free ride somewhere. Those poor SOBs, don't they know that we as pilots already have the market cornered in terms of cheapness?

Flying-Corporal said:

FC

Most are hired locally, but they do actually fly them to stations where TSA is short on employees. Kona, Hawaii is one where i found this to be true.

They are now reporting that they gave him a handheld breathylizer test and he failed it. Blood test results to come.

If he truly did it............thanks DUMBA$$, now we'll all have to go through security at ALL airports, THEN blow into a breathylizer to start the APU!!!

Anyways there is no excuse to showing up drunk when you can always call in sick and the union (hmmmm said:
Get your facts straight so you don't sound like a tool: SKW has all of the usual employeee assistance and self-referral programs, you can call in sick, or take a personal day. They are very helpful if you ask for it BEFORE you blow a .13 on a DOT test.

Latest resources

Back