Nose Picker!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flying4food

Alright, here we go!! Flying with an FO who continually picks his nose during flight!! I’m not talking once in a while, we’re talking on a 2.0 leg, he’ll spend 1.7 of it wiping, scratching or picking his nose!! Sometimes he’ll be discrete, he’ll turn his head like he’s looking out the window and will pick, other times he’ll just start digging or picking. Occasionally he’ll shove his finger so far up his nose, you can barely see the knuckle!!

Now comes the worse part, when he actually finds something, he’ll rub it between his fingers like it was a toy or something, or he’ll wipe it on his pants, or my favorite, he’ll rub it between his fingers, until it falls to the floor. It gets better, you know what’s next, he’ll then reach over and grab the throttles, handle the comm./navs or adjust something on the FCP. Luckily he has his own keypad for the FMS, so I don’t have to touch that!!! BUT COME ON!!!

Is this normal?? Anyone else deal with this?? I was subtle the other day and asked if he had a cold and offered him a tissue?? He just said no!!! Is this some compulsive behavior that only comes out behind closed doors?? What would you do????

flying4food said:
Alright, here we go!! Flying with an FO who continually picks his nose during flight!! I’m not talking once in a while, we’re talking on a 2.0 leg, he’ll spend 1.7 of it wiping, scratching or picking his nose!! Sometimes he’ll be discrete, he’ll turn his head like he’s looking out the window and will pick, other times he’ll just start digging or picking. Occasionally he’ll shove his finger so far up his nose, you can barely see the knuckle!!

Now comes the worse part, when he actually finds something, he’ll rub it between his fingers like it was a toy or something, or he’ll wipe it on his pants, or my favorite, he’ll rub it between his fingers, until it falls to the floor. It gets better, you know what’s next, he’ll then reach over and grab the throttles, handle the comm./navs or adjust something on the FCP. Luckily he has his own keypad for the FMS, so I don’t have to touch that!!! BUT COME ON!!!

Is this normal?? Anyone else deal with this?? I was subtle the other day and asked if he had a cold and offered him a tissue?? He just said no!!! Is this some compulsive behavior that only comes out behind closed doors?? What would you do????

Reminds me of a CA I flew with at ACA!!! I'm sure all the ex-Blueridgers know who I'm talking about!!!:beer: The 328 lives on!!!:D

Nose Picker

Flying4food,

I'm crying over here. I've seen it first hand and it morbidly makes me laugh. Funny as hell, but disgusting. Hey, at least he didn't wipe it on you or worse, eat it.

Worst I ever had was a guy who ate Tuna out of the can. By itself...not so bad. But when he was finished....hope you didn't eat...he drank the juice out of the can. Still makes me wretch when i think about it.

Mookie

Mookie said:
Worst I ever had was a guy who ate Tuna out of the can. By itself...not so bad. But when he was finished....hope you didn't eat...he drank the juice out of the can. Still makes me wretch when i think about it.

Mookie

That is just wrong, but it reminds of something else.......!!!!!!!!!:beer:

Mookie said:
Worst I ever had was a guy who ate Tuna out of the can. By itself...not so bad.

Mookie

mookie,

No accounting for people's thought processes. My son, who at 24 years old, will not eat a green bean, will actually eat tuna out of the can. We're talkin' Fancy Feast for humans here !!

And tuna out of the can ? It is, in fact, "...so bad". A nice tuna steak ? Another issue completely.

ePilot22 said:
What's wrong with Fancy Feast?

Nothing...if you're a cat...

The first time I see my son drink the juice out of the can...I'm cuttin' him outta the will.

Latest resources

Back