• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Nose Picker!!

flying4food

Total Time
Alright, here we go!! Flying with an FO who continually picks his nose during flight!! I’m not talking once in a while, we’re talking on a 2.0 leg, he’ll spend 1.7 of it wiping, scratching or picking his nose!! Sometimes he’ll be discrete, he’ll turn his head like he’s looking out the window and will pick, other times he’ll just start digging or picking. Occasionally he’ll shove his finger so far up his nose, you can barely see the knuckle!!

Now comes the worse part, when he actually finds something, he’ll rub it between his fingers like it was a toy or something, or he’ll wipe it on his pants, or my favorite, he’ll rub it between his fingers, until it falls to the floor. It gets better, you know what’s next, he’ll then reach over and grab the throttles, handle the comm./navs or adjust something on the FCP. Luckily he has his own keypad for the FMS, so I don’t have to touch that!!! BUT COME ON!!!

Is this normal?? Anyone else deal with this?? I was subtle the other day and asked if he had a cold and offered him a tissue?? He just said no!!! Is this some compulsive behavior that only comes out behind closed doors?? What would you do????

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
flying4food said:
Alright, here we go!! Flying with an FO who continually picks his nose during flight!! I’m not talking once in a while, we’re talking on a 2.0 leg, he’ll spend 1.7 of it wiping, scratching or picking his nose!! Sometimes he’ll be discrete, he’ll turn his head like he’s looking out the window and will pick, other times he’ll just start digging or picking. Occasionally he’ll shove his finger so far up his nose, you can barely see the knuckle!!

Now comes the worse part, when he actually finds something, he’ll rub it between his fingers like it was a toy or something, or he’ll wipe it on his pants, or my favorite, he’ll rub it between his fingers, until it falls to the floor. It gets better, you know what’s next, he’ll then reach over and grab the throttles, handle the comm./navs or adjust something on the FCP. Luckily he has his own keypad for the FMS, so I don’t have to touch that!!! BUT COME ON!!!

Is this normal?? Anyone else deal with this?? I was subtle the other day and asked if he had a cold and offered him a tissue?? He just said no!!! Is this some compulsive behavior that only comes out behind closed doors?? What would you do????

Reminds me of a CA I flew with at ACA!!! I'm sure all the ex-Blueridgers know who I'm talking about!!!:beer: The 328 lives on!!!:D

atlcrashpad

Can't hold me down
Total Time
Bling
Nose Picker

Flying4food,

I'm crying over here. I've seen it first hand and it morbidly makes me laugh. Funny as hell, but disgusting. Hey, at least he didn't wipe it on you or worse, eat it.

Mookie

luckiest man alive
Total Time
Worst I ever had was a guy who ate Tuna out of the can. By itself...not so bad. But when he was finished....hope you didn't eat...he drank the juice out of the can. Still makes me wretch when i think about it.

Mookie

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
Mookie said:
Worst I ever had was a guy who ate Tuna out of the can. By itself...not so bad. But when he was finished....hope you didn't eat...he drank the juice out of the can. Still makes me wretch when i think about it.

Mookie

That is just wrong, but it reminds of something else.......!!!!!!!!!:beer:

semperfido

Keep Humpin
Total Time
11K+
....and people wonder about people that wipe down the cockpit with wipes.

bafanguy

Total Time
Mookie said:
Worst I ever had was a guy who ate Tuna out of the can. By itself...not so bad.

Mookie

mookie,

No accounting for people's thought processes. My son, who at 24 years old, will not eat a green bean, will actually eat tuna out of the can. We're talkin' Fancy Feast for humans here !!

And tuna out of the can ? It is, in fact, "...so bad". A nice tuna steak ? Another issue completely.

bafanguy

Total Time
ePilot22 said:
What's wrong with Fancy Feast?

Nothing...if you're a cat...

The first time I see my son drink the juice out of the can...I'm cuttin' him outta the will.

Flip

Total Time
Hand him the crash axe and ask him if that will help get what he looking for up his nose!!!

SiuDude

Internet tough guy
Total Time
Why
bafanguy said:
Nothing...if you're a cat...

The first time I see my son drink the juice out of the can...I'm cuttin' him outta the will.

You have a will? Why? Aren't you a pilot?

flythere

Total Time
What a sick B@stard. I've flown with guys like that, it's kinda like a car wreck on the freeway, you can't help but slow down and stare! I'd get some of those anti-bacterial wips and start wiping down everything he touches, when he asks why, tell him!!!

JetMonkey

It's ok, I speak Jive
Total Time
9000+
At least nose pickers have clean nostrils.

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
JetMonkey said:
At least nose pickers have clean nostrils.

That all depends on how clean there hands are, and where they've been!!!!!:eek:

migio

Total Time
10000<
I pulled this humongous snot booger out this morning.Hope the Capt didnt see me rip that bad boy out.

wmudriver

Total Time
upward
Anyone who says they don't pick their nose is a liar. All that dry air makes for gold in the nose. I'll usually just wait to get to the hotel and do the pick and flick. But I totally understand about picking infront of another person...thats wrong.

"$50 the Smails kid picks his nose"
"$50 bucks he eats it"
~Caddyshack~