Nose Picker!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Always deferred said:
The worst was I was flying with a Captain (on the 328 of course ... moment of silence....) and he discreetly would flick them little boogers. Never would see one but I'd hear the snap and the impact. Well one day he flicked one onto the EICAS screen. I heard a thap and looked over as he tried to quickly wipe it away. Only problem is it was one of the juicy variety - slimy like a slug - and so as he pulled the tissue, the thing left a trail on the EICAS. He tried rubbing it out which made it even worse. So we start with a hair sized bugger - now it's affecting the area of a silver dollar and blocking out my right engine ITT! Then he tried water - we all know how water distorts the screen even more.Finally I couldn't take it anymore and reverted the EICAS to my MFD.

yuck.

That wasn't Captain S.C. (initials):confused:

Well, day 2, he was at it again today!! Still wiping and picking at that snot locker!!! Now he is taking his thumb and shoving it up his nose, rubbing the nostril trying to pull something out. I just don't get it!! My pen fell on the floor, it just left it down there, I'll steal another one from the hotel!! Good stories, that tug driver was the worst!! I wouldn't touch that with a 10 meter stick!!!

pullmyfinger said:
Dust his FMS keyboard with Cayenne pepper powder... then sit back, relax and enjoy the flight.

A comment on nose picking by a guy with a screen name of "pullmyfinger"...what have we become here ???

Reminds me of when I was at FlightSafety this spring. The old Lear35 ground instructor loved to pick. There were only two of us in class, and he seemed to love sitting on my desk and mining for gold. When he'd get some ore he pull it out stare at it then flick it anywhere he could. Needless to say, I tried moving but he'd just come and sit on my desk again. I had to keep my coffee out of range on the desk behind me with all my books. That was one rough week. For anyone that's been to Wichita the initials JD should ring a bell.

flying4food said:
Alright, here we go!! Flying with an FO who continually picks his nose during flight!! I’m not talking once in a while, we’re talking on a 2.0 leg, he’ll spend 1.7 of it wiping, scratching or picking his nose!! Sometimes he’ll be discrete, he’ll turn his head like he’s looking out the window and will pick, other times he’ll just start digging or picking. Occasionally he’ll shove his finger so far up his nose, you can barely see the knuckle!!

Now comes the worse part, when he actually finds something, he’ll rub it between his fingers like it was a toy or something, or he’ll wipe it on his pants, or my favorite, he’ll rub it between his fingers, until it falls to the floor. It gets better, you know what’s next, he’ll then reach over and grab the throttles, handle the comm./navs or adjust something on the FCP. Luckily he has his own keypad for the FMS, so I don’t have to touch that!!! BUT COME ON!!!

Is this normal?? Anyone else deal with this?? I was subtle the other day and asked if he had a cold and offered him a tissue?? He just said no!!! Is this some compulsive behavior that only comes out behind closed doors?? What would you do????

We have a Captain at ASA that matches this description so closely it's scary, maybe they're brothers

My favorite Fo was the one who popped his zits continually while we flew. Then he smelled his finger.
Nasty

Last edited:
man, my old roommate used to dig for gold. naaaasty.

then he'd hump the doorframe. don't ask.

Latest resources

Back