Northwest trying to outsource pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez,

You say Duane will take a paycut when NWA Pilots take a paycut. I say he should set an example now and take a self-imposed paycut instead of waiting for a BK court-enforced paycut. Duane is THE face of ALPA. Who cares about the rest of National leadership (even though they still get an ALPA salary) when Duane is still making over $400k while his average line-pilot union "brothers" are in the process of taking or have taken huge concessions.

Maybe it's time for National leadership to mirror local MEC's/LEC's leadership - be all volunteer. No compensation from ALPA - they would only receive their Airline salary.

Some friendly advice - I'd be really careful making presumptions that you are "right" and the rest of us are wrong regarding ALPA. Your belief of being "right" might come back to haunt you.

HMM

HowlinMadMurdoc said:
Rez,

You say Duane will take a paycut when NWA Pilots take a paycut. I say he should set an example now and take a self-imposed paycut instead of waiting for a BK court-enforced paycut. Duane is THE face of ALPA. Who cares about the rest of National leadership (even though they still get an ALPA salary) when Duane is still making over $400k while his average line-pilot union "brothers" are in the process of taking or have taken huge concessions.

Maybe it's time for National leadership to mirror local MEC's/LEC's leadership - be all volunteer. No compensation from ALPA - they would only receive their Airline salary.

Some friendly advice - I'd be really careful making presumptions that you are "right" and the rest of us are wrong regarding ALPA. Your belief of being "right" might come back to haunt you.

HMM

HMM,

You don't even know how the ALPA National pay structure is set up. How can I discuss the issue with you?

Name your source that DW is making 400K.

Tell us how you think the ALPA National salaries are structured and set up.

If a ALPA Nat'l (president) paycut was appropriate, how would it be accomplished? What is the process for changing the salary?

If DW is useless then who should take his place? If ALPA Prez salary should be the same as the avg. line pilot then what incentive does the avg. line pilot have to be a ALPA Nat'l Officer (president)?

Ok, ok, fine... instead of arguing your lack of understanding, I went to the ALPA Constitution and By Laws and did some fact finding (for you). In addition, I know how to resource information so I can speak to the issue intelligently. Got issue with DW salary? Take it up with the BOD. But to actually do this, you'd have to get informed! Getting informed and educated isn't as exciting and fun as FlightInfo 0ne-up-manship and who has more wit posting, but then again if you want to be positive contributor to the system, then maybe its time to log off.....

Article I
SECTION 22 ‑ SALARY OF OFFICERS

There shall be no salary paid to any officer, except as provided in Article X.

Article X
SECTION 5 ‑ SALARY

The Presidency of the Association shall be a full-time position with an annual salary. The salary of the President and method of payment shall be established by the Board of Directors during the meeting at which he is elected or reelected. His salary may be adjusted or supplemented by retirement, annuity payments, or other monetary benefits approved by the Board of Directors in session.
And after you cut DW salary, then what? Sure you'll feel better, but is his salary really the problem here? Do you need to bring someone down, just to make yourself feel better?

I have an idea what the ALPA Pres. position requires. I'd like to have someone in there that knows how to play the Wash DC game. Your avg. line pilot is useless in DC. Just like our pax want qualified pilots up front, I want a qualified politican in Wash DC.

HMM- some friendly advice. It is not about me or you being right or wrong. (reference my one-up-manship line above). It is about the facts. Dealing with the issues and leaving out the emotion and out cry for instant gratification.

Get informed. The ignorance is eroding us from within.....

Latest resources

Back