Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyinScotsman said:
Why is it Georges fault??

It is the state of the industry, it has arrived at this point through many administrations, to blame George is a little short sighted. The industry didn't arrive at this point overnight.

Ditto!!!

Superpilot92 said:
There is always some idiot out in left field just waiting for the opportunity to blame Bush. Dont you idiots realize how stupid you sound. The industry, the hurricanes, the fires, terrorism, etc. Its getting really old.

Left field? You mean the 48% of Americans that voted against George Bush II in 2004? Or maybe the 51% that voted against him back in 2000? Perhaps the 70% of Americans that now think he's doing a lousy job? Left field is getting crowded.

Hair:

Hair-on-Fire said:
I'm glad you understand the "complex problem" we have.

Republican administrations have always been less friendly to organized labor. I guess they're not happy that unions give almost all their political contributions to Democrats.

What has ALPA done for us lately, or ever!!!

Personally, I have to laugh at pilots that like to think of themselves as something other than working class union labor, and vote Republican. Then they can't figure out why the administration and congress isn't concerned about issues like pension reform.

Yeah, your'e right, NOT!

This job requires at least a four year degree, years of professional experience and licensure. That doesn't sound blue colllar to me.

However, ALPA has allowed us to be treated like blue collar labor.

By the way, what have the Dem's done for you lately?!?!?

Why don't you call Hillary and see if she cares.

Have to chime in here.

I voted for GB and I regret it. He is a poor leader, though Kerry would have probably been much worse. When the leader of our country can lead us into war but cannot protect our working class in the form of a substantive energy bill, why would one not blame him?

In August of this year Congress finally passed an energy bill that was, for all intents and purposes, a huge waste of time since the bill had no teeth in it. So here we are with 20% higher energy prices since August and it's no wonder our industry continues to bleed.

Just as Duane needs to lead, so does GW.

I do agree about y'alls sentiments about the democratic party though. They can't get their sh!t together either so GB was the only choice.

I don't blame GB nor airline managements for the problems in our business. I blame energy for the problems. And it's up to our leader to lead congress into battle against all involved. That means demanding better standards in fuel economy, more refinery production, and drawing media attention to the greed of OPEC nations. So far our leaders have failed to deliver, which I suppose is easy for them to do since they live in such an isulated world (insulated from OUR probelms).

I am ecstatic to see GM/ FORD/ DODGE getting spanked by the consumer right now for ignoring our plight. Toyota and Honda got the message, that consumers want choices in how they spend their energy dollar, and are way ahead in the fuel efficient vehicle race. Besides, buying Toyota is patriotic. They build here in the US, unlike the big three.

Superpilot92 said:
There is always some idiot out in left field just waiting for the opportunity to blame Bush. Dont you idiots realize how stupid you sound. The industry, the hurricanes, the fires, terrorism, etc. Its getting really old.

Thank You!

College no way

jetfo get serious this job does not require a college degree only 5 of the 177 airlines hiring make the degree a show stopper.Next, whatme could the union non-union Ford, GM etc, vs. Toyota have anything to do with their present plight?

Last edited:
jetfo said:
Yeah, your'e right, NOT!

This job requires at least a four year degree, years of professional experience and licensure. That doesn't sound blue colllar to me.

However, ALPA has allowed us to be treated like blue collar labor.

By the way, what have the Dem's done for you lately?!?!?

Why don't you call Hillary and see if she cares.

I have to disagree. There are many pilots out there without a college degree. There are also the 300 hr. wonders who go through an airline academy and find themselves flying an rj shortly thereafter. We are our own worst enemy and I see no end in sight. That is why I am working on leaving this industry.

bye bye 800, best of luck, I left and came back.

pilotyip said:
bye bye 800, best of luck, I left and came back.

pilotyip,
Just curious, what is your educational background. I feel very confident about my future outside of this industry. I am halfway finished with my MBA from GA Tech and at 34 years of age, time is on my side. Best of luck to you as well.

pilotyip said:
jetfo get serious this job does not require a college degree only 5 of the 177 airlines hiring make the degree a show stopper.

At least at the majors it's required and frequently highly preferred at regionals.

You may get to the regionals without one, but not to the majors. Even a trucking company like UPS demands one today. And, as competive as it is out there they can.

Latest resources

Back