• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Northwest recalls hundred of pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ref the recalls. If I read it right the ALPA info yesterday indicates they ended up with to many recalls for Jan classes.Looks like nobody wanted to come back over the holidays but Jan is a different story.They may not need to go thru the whole list now.

Ref the recalls. If I read it right the ALPA info yesterday indicates they ended up with to many recalls for Jan classes.Looks like nobody wanted to come back over the holidays but Jan is a different story.They may not need to go thru the whole list now.

Good gouge. S/W Crew Planning today: They anticipate going thru the entire furlough list before the May APA is drawn up (in Jan).

I'm still amused at the amount of chaff on the subject of recall/hiring to a legacy airline. The new contract is a stink bomb, no question, but it is better than others. My Spidy Sense tells me that's who'll be returning/applying.

If anyone recalled actually wants to go back, great for them. The problem is too many knuckleheads with Shiny Jet Syndrome thinking it's a step up to work for Frankensteenland for peanuts when furloughed Red Tails bypass their recall and NWA has to start hiring off the street.

BTW, I have a greater vested interest in NWA than you could possibly fathom. I have watched my (decidedly) better half devote 10 years (including a strike and a proud NO vote on the POS TA) to Northwest only to see horrible management decisions destroy a once-proud airline.

This is not about furloughed pilots and their recall to the line. It is about bottom feeders like instructordude who are giddy at the prospect of mainline hiring (at slave wages) because the furloughed people are blowing off recall because they found something better. People like him denigrate the profession and speed the race to the bottom.

Actually, guys like me won't even apply because we're not qualified. With that, I am sure there is a lot of Pinnacle Capt's salivating to go to NWA. Good for them!

Good morning ASS (or is this Tim Rainey)

Please answer our questions as far as who you work for and in what capacity. You seem to be a expert on the situation at NWA. Please give flight numbers and dates of the flights in question. I can assure you that if something like this happened they were just following the contract/fars, nothing else. The company never realized how much the pilot group bent the contract and went the extra mile to get the job done even when they always held us to the letter. We have always done more than required such as multiple calls for catering, lav service, rampers, mx,(having the correct MEL open when they arrive to speed things up vs writing it up and going to get a coffee,etc.) Now they seem surprised and caught off guard that the group that laid down without a fight is actually fighting back with the only thing we have, the contract and fars. They overreached and have turned us into a demoralized and unmotivated workforce. They are getting what they pay for and that is just what is required not doing all the extras we use to do to keep the operation running smoothly. BTW, have been on the whale for over 2 yrs so I have a little bit of an idea how it works. Have worked lots of the 2 leg trans pacs(thank god they are going away) and absolutly would have walked in kix or nrt if a delay would push our duty time 1 minute past required as this was the most unsafe flying I have ever done including pt.135 on demand.

Good morning ASS (or is this Tim Rainey).

Thanks...I just spewed Diet Pepsi all over my screen...

Ditto your comments. If there are any pilots slowing things up intentionally, it is only a few of the chronic stupid that always seem to do the wrong thing and the right time.

What some people fail to recognize is NWA's seniority list has lots of old guys on it. If I was say 34 and had been on the the property for 8 yrs I wouldn't be going anywhere. I haven't figured it out but fair to say all or most of the 600 wide body Captain's will be gone in the next 10 yrs plus a large number of the narrow body guys too.As a recalled guy told me on the J?s the other day. "This sucks but most everything else out there sucks worst."
BTW.As for walking the FA's have duty times down to the second.LOL

6 months out of bankruptcy should be a good time to go back. The direction of the company will be known by then.

Good morning ASS (or is this Tim Rainey)

.... They overreached and have turned us into a demoralized and unmotivated workforce. They are getting what they pay for and that is just what is required not doing all the extras we use to do to keep the operation running smoothly. BTW, have been on the whale for over 2 yrs so I have a little bit of an idea how it works. Have worked lots of the 2 leg trans pacs(thank god they are going away) and absolutly would have walked in kix or nrt if a delay would push our duty time 1 minute past required as this was the most unsafe flying I have ever done including pt.135 on demand.

The last I heard the TA was VOTED FOR and accepted by the majority --including the pay rates. Rejecting it was an option -- but how many had the #@!$% to stand up and fight?

Why be so miserable and continue at a company you don't like and let that misery influence decisions like walking off flights and screwing passengers -- which in turn costs the company money and goodwill.

Remember good contract or poor contract -- there is a duty to passengers -- and most idiotic pilots like you conveniently tend to forget that. Now go start milking the blocks on whatever you're flying.

Latest resources

Back