• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Northwest recalls hundred of pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think I just saw the gigantic Milwaukee's Best Light beer can crush a doofus CFI airline pilot wannabe....

Attention Instructordude:

Listen, as one of the other posters said here, going back to work at NWA isn't all it's cracked up to be. The example given was if YOU went back to your flight school after you had been laid off in the off season. They didn't need you anymore. No hard feelings, right?

Well they do now! Trouble is, your flight school slashed your pay by a third and made you work longer hours.

By your statements and logic, you'd go rushing back when they called you. There are other places to work out there. Don't whore yourself. This industry has enough of them.

Flying is fun, yes. But all the BS we put up with is an expensive tariff. Please remember this.

Cheers,

SCR

I fly the DC9 for a major so I don't follow your comment. Don't u fly for a regoinal?

There you go again with your neg comments, wishing to see 190s at Compass. Is that suppose to cause fear or concern in me. Are you suggesting that I am going to be forced to fly at Compass or anyone else who is at the NWA mainline for that matter? The other day you mentioned something about a rumor that NWA crews walked away from a Tokyo flight and screwed the pax(not true). Where do you get all this useless info.

Come on dude!! What's going on... Are you going to answer the question. What do you have against NWA??

Yeah I didn't think you would understand. Being a DC9 FO at NWA you also wouldn't know about Crews walking away from the NRT flight twice and screwing passengers -- but you would know how to whine and complain.

Attention Instructordude:

Listen, as one of the other posters said here, going back to work at NWA isn't all it's cracked up to be. The example given was if YOU went back to your flight school after you had been laid off in the off season. They didn't need you anymore. No hard feelings, right?

Well they do now! Trouble is, your flight school slashed your pay by a third and made you work longer hours.

By your statements and logic, you'd go rushing back when they called you. There are other places to work out there. Don't whore yourself. This industry has enough of them.

Flying is fun, yes. But all the BS we put up with is an expensive tariff. Please remember this.

Cheers,

SCR

I completely understand your point. I'm just saying those who choose to go back should not be called bottom feeders. It has to be better than what they are currently doing to go back. I feel bad for what has happened at NWA and am happy for those who have moved on to greener pastures. For those returning though, I wish them the best and don't believe they are sell outs or whores. Believe me I know what whores are, both figuratively and literally.

On a side note though, you never know what is going to happen down the road. Look at Continental during the 90's (I was just a punk back then, oh I still am). They went from worst to best and are arguably today an airline leading the pack. Never, would have guessed it 14 years ago. NWA gets its act together and who knows. Never, ever sell out a company.

Accinelli,
Just so you know the crews didn't screw the pax, its not rocket science even for FA's. If you are out of duty time your out, doesn't make difference if your international or domestic.

Accinelli,
Just so you know the crews didn't screw the pax, its not rocket science even for FA's. If you are out of duty time your out, doesn't make difference if your international or domestic.

And I suppose there are no ways that a crew can make sure they run out of duty time which seems to be the MO at NWA.

Latest resources

Back