• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Northwest recalls hundred of pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks...I just spewed Diet Pepsi all over my screen...

Ditto your comments. If there are any pilots slowing things up intentionally, it is only a few of the chronic stupid that always seem to do the wrong thing and the right time.

-- WRONG THING and the RIGHT TIME? Did you mean the Wrong thing at the Wrong time? Or do your wrongs become right at certain times of the day.

Are you sure someone didn't mix some Rum and Vodka in that Pepsi?

Last edited:
What some people fail to recognize is NWA's seniority list has lots of old guys on it. If I was say 34 and had been on the the property for 8 yrs I wouldn't be going anywhere. I haven't figured it out but fair to say all or most of the 600 wide body Captain's will be gone in the next 10 yrs plus a large number of the narrow body guys too.As a recalled guy told me on the J?s the other day. "This sucks but most everything else out there sucks worst."
BTW.As for walking the FA's have duty times down to the second.LOL

Don't even get me started on FA duty times.

Since I'm a furloughed NWA pilot, I can have a little fun with this thread:

TOP TEN REASONS I'D GO BACK TO NWA.

10. I dig the 65 year old flight attendants. (Sorry grandma)

9. I miss wearing a hat. (I know, not required anymore)
8. I'd maybe get a chance to fly E190s with NWA colors at Compass!
7. I miss the steam gage flying on the Diesel-9. (Initial heading please)
6. First class meals are better than my lunch bag. (Sorry honey)
5. I'd get a chance to fly the DC-10. (Darn, you're retiring them?)
4. International flying baby!
3. My frozen pension worth $2.00/month for life!
2. I'd rather trade my top 10% seniority at JB for the bottom 10% at NWA.

And drum roll. The number one reason to go back to NWA. TWO WORDS!

1. DWANE WOERTH! (What, he's not ALPA prez anymore?)

BTW, I have a greater vested interest in NWA than you could possibly fathom. I have watched my (decidedly) better half devote 10 years (including a strike and a proud NO vote on the POS TA) to Northwest only to see horrible management decisions destroy a once-proud airline.

Wow... 10 years? DAMN... makes the 28 years my father has invested there seem like chump change.

-- WRONG THING and the RIGHT TIME? Did you mean the Wrong thing at the Wrong time? Or do your wrongs become right at certain times of the day.

Are you sure someone didn't mix some Rum and Vodka in that Pepsi?

1. "Rum and Vodka" in Pepsi?...together? Yuk!
2. This is clearly the RIGHT time to express to our management that we expect better treatment, in the form of quids, if they want help with their staffing problems. The WRONG way to demonstrate our expectation is to take it out on our pax.

Since I'm a furloughed NWA pilot, I can have a little fun with this thread:

TOP TEN REASONS I'D GO BACK TO NWA.

10. I dig the 65 year old flight attendants. (Sorry grandma)
9. I miss wearing a hat. (I know, not required anymore)
8. I'd maybe get a chance to fly E190s with NWA colors at Compass!
7. I miss the steam gage flying on the Diesel-9. (Initial heading please)
6. First class meals are better than my lunch bag. (Sorry honey)
5. I'd get a chance to fly the DC-10. (Darn, you're retiring them?)
4. International flying baby!
3. My frozen pension worth $2.00/month for life!
2. I'd rather trade my top 10% seniority at JB for the bottom 10% at NWA.

And drum roll. The number one reason to go back to NWA. TWO WORDS!

1. DWANE WOERTH! (What, he's not ALPA prez anymore?)

Please, for the love of Odin, stay the heck away from NWA!

Now get back there are clean up that cabin!

Assinelli(aka Tim Rainey)

You are still not answering our questions as to who you work for and in what capacity? Be a man and answer. You know that Occam, jam-bro,myself and others are NWA pilots. Again what is so hard for your simple mind to understand that we are only flying the contract and following the fom/fars. All of the extras that we use to do and you douchbags took for granted are no more. Even the weakdick yes voters are disgusted and are only doing the required. For years the pilot group (as with most airlines) took the high road and did the extras because that is our psychological makeup(get the job done) Well guess what MFer we are not doing the extras anymore. Also, do you think with your latest threats of calling capts. at home its going to get us to start doing other peoples jobs again? Better think again ***********************************. Wait until we have our first accident with fatalities due to fatigue/pilot pushing. It is going to be your ass Mr. Rainey that is going to be on trial and you will not have a single pilot on your side other than that puppet Pete Moron. Don't know if you have been following whats going on with ALPA. We have new leadership and we are going to extract some pain out of your asses. Game on MFer. McClain,Giveaway,Squeeler,Spinabichler are all gone and there is a new sheriff in town that has orders to not budge. I have always gone above and beyond for this company as has most of the pilots. Not anymore, just the minimum to get by until I see some respect and repair of my contract. Take that to Steelan, Cohen and the other scumbags you answer to. Your choice, either you robber barrons back down and give back some of what stole at gunpoint or this company will NEVER make it out of bankruptcy. HOW BOUT THEM APPLES MFer? Oh by the way Tim are you still beating your flight attendant wife? Thats the word on the line.

The rebirth of COBRAAIR is coming alive.

Accinelli,FA duty times are on computer just like everybody else. Are suggesting people(FA'S) that have been treated so well by the their employer would break the rules for the company.You have got to be kidding.

Assinelli(aka Tim Rainey)

...Wait until we have our first accident with fatalities due to fatigue/pilot pushing...Your choice, either you robber barrons back down and give back some of what stole at gunpoint or this company will NEVER make it out of bankruptcy. HOW BOUT THEM APPLES MFer?

Fatigue after walking out on flights or having to call for lav service, catering or some of the other stuff you describe as "extras" -- you must be really stressed.

As for never making it out of bankruptcy -- there's always the option of emerging and filing Chap 11 again or for that matter Chap 7.

Happy Flying moron.

Latest resources

Back