• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Northwest pilots blame air traffic controllers for overshooting airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, they are not getting a hearing; they are getting to appeal an Emergency Revocation.

Appealing an Emergency Revocation is a lot different than going through an investigation and a hearing. :rolleyes:

I would suspect that the louder one screams and rails against these guys, the younger and more inexperienced the person is that's making the noise. . . .

This case doesn't directly affect you or me, but the Emergency Revocation without a hearing is very troubling, and the repercussions from this will stink even worse.

Seems to me that the most judgemental pilots among us are not superior aviators, they are just management's wet dream, and you, my friend, are management's wettest dream.

Congratulations, pal. Karma's a bitch, hope you enjoy being married to her.:laugh:

I understand what you're saying but these guys didn't do themselves any favors. They should have shut their pieholes until they had proper representation and forced the FAA to build their case. Instead, they gave the authorities and the media plenty of rope to hang them, starting when they pulled into the gate.

"We were having a heated discussion...well, no it wasn't that. We were having bidding lessons on our laptops"

If authorities are waiting in the jetway to talk to you, that may be an indication you need to STFU and call your union right now.

what a screwed up system

seems to me the most judgemental pilots among us are not superior aviators

DUMBA$$ statement #1 ...they slept, they F'up, they're out of a job

DUMBA$$ statement #2 ...you have no idea who is superior since these two schmucks are branded for the rest of their lives. every party they go to, they'll get asked, "what took you so long?" overshoot the driveway?

it is pathetic..seems to me

Rumor has it that the actual circumstances surrounding this situation are not as colorful as all the bantering.

We had a captain with a day one FO refuse to go around when told to by a controller because of an abort on the runway. He ended up off the runway broken in half when he put the gear up before stopping his descent, tore off the right engine on a very late go around attempt. The 737 was a hull loss. He went to FO for a year and came back as a captain. They wouldn't have even called him into the office if he overflew MSP. I'm not saying these pilots shouldn't be disciplined but a lot of pilots are flying today that have made much worse errors. I think ATL FAA was trying to make up for past lax handling of Delta. No hearing to me means they wanted to show the public while the incident was still top news that they were tough. What ever happened to the pilots at Delta that landed in ATL on a taxiway just before this event? Oh, thats right, Delta is based in ATL.

We had a captain with a day one FO refuse to go around when told to by a controller because of an abort on the runway. He ended up off the runway broken in half when he put the gear up before stopping his descent, tore off the right engine on a very late go around attempt. The 737 was a hull loss. He went to FO for a year and came back as a captain.

Air California at SNA by any chance???

I doubt these "pilots" (and I use that term loosly) will be returning to the unfiendly skies again. I wouldn't even trust them as flight instructors. How long will they keep on passing the beer around until it gets warm? Well, another lesson learned in the airline business.

I tried to ignore this comment but just couldn't! You sir are a complete and total IDIOT!!!!!!! No one is defending what these guys did was right. I'm not saying they aren't lying about what happened or that they are handling this well. But to hear some 250 hour "Private Pilot" or "Student Pilot" or whatever it is you are, say that you wouldn't trust these two guys as Flight Instructors is an absolute insult!

It's people like you that make most of us cringe when you come up to the cockpit and tell us that we did something wrong and you know we did, because you are a private pilot! Give me a break! You don't know $HIT!

These guys have had long carreers of safely flying people all over the world & have done it without a single blemish on their record until now. I personally don't understand how this could happen, but I wasn't there. I'm not going to hang them out to dry because I know something that you don't....We all make mistakes as pilots! We fly in the real world of aviation where there are more factors to consider than how scary that 7 knot crosswind is, or how cool you look with your new IFR Kneeboard!

You say you use the term Pilot "Loosely" for these guys?! Really?!
How would you know what a pilot is? Let me be the first to assure you that YOU are NOT a pilot!

Now go call the FBO and get your C-152 topped off with 100LL so you can practice your "Touch & Go's" in the pattern. Just don't forget your MAG Check! Oh, and caution for the Wake Turtbulence from the departing King Air!!! Dumb A$$

"We had a captain with a day one FO refuse to go around when told to by a controller because of an abort on the runway. He ended up off the runway broken in half when he put the gear up before stopping his descent, tore off the right engine on a very late go around attempt. The 737 was a hull loss."

" He went to FO for a year and came back as a captain."

Now THAT, is Talent. (!)

YKW

Air California at SNA by any chance???
This is off the subject, but where did you get your avatar? Are you a fan of Bonanza Air Lines? The first airplane I ever flew on was a BAL F-27 "silver dart" from Vegas to Reno in 1961...It was thrilling as a 5 yr. old, and I attribute that and later flights on Bonanza F-27s as a big part of my motivation to become a pilot. I was sort of BAL "obsessed" as a kid...do you have any connection with Bonanza?

I love reading USA today today, the FO is also saying he should not be suspended because he relies on the Capt to perform his PIC duties, and the Capt failed to act as PIC. great Guy. these 2 have everyone but themselves to blame

Latest resources

Back