Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ironspud said:
What's your point Skippy?

Your comments: Well-RJ captain is much higher on the food chain than a little wet-eared co-pilot (at any level).

I disagree.

xjhawk said:
mmmm, lets see, pinnacle is fighting the hard fight right now

Explain how.

was to specifically take away jobs from Mesaba......i.e take the Avros away and create yet another feeder.....

How do you justify your claim?

The Mesaba guys are dealing with the MAIR Mgmt. How is that related to the NWA pilot agreement?

Did we give a certain amount of money to help park the AVROs? Get real.

Just because someone is following you, doesnt mean you're paranoid.

how are they fighting the hard fight? lets see, a long battle with their management to prevent even lower pay and work rules than what they already have.......oh and about the avros, yes they were leaving, but did your new agreement with NWa specifically say.......36 jets will go to compass specifically to replace the 35 avros at mesaba..........real your own agreements buddy.....i read that part at least...and know what that was....a stab in the back.

I will not stoop to bashing someone who is working hard to make thier lives better......or doing what they were told do make it in the industry.......(i.e working at a regional to pay the industry dues.....) but know this, just because you make more money and fly a bigger aircraft than someone, does not make you better, and definately not a better pilot. get off your highhorse and look in the mirror, i also understand that NWa pilots have made choices to protect their jobs......but at what expense?

Look, putting the legal hocus-pocus to one side, Mesaba is wholly dictated to by NWA. NWA management controlls Mesaba, period. They hand pick the toadies to come over to our little cave, and implement whatever policies Steenland, or whoever-the-next-head-prick is, wants. What happens at NWA completely and absolutely determines what happens to us at Mesaba. There is no REAL independence for us whatsoever. So yes, we do care what you guys do under your roof, because your plumbing dumps directly on to us on the way to the river.

xjhawk said:
......oh and about the avros, yes they were leaving, but did your new agreement with NWa specifically say.......36 jets will go to compass specifically to replace the 35 avros at mesaba..........real your own agreements buddy.....i read that part at least...and know what that was....a stab in the back.

OK.... buddy, but you had better read it again. Here is what it says:

[FONT=Arial,Bold]NUMERICAL LIMITATIONS[/FONT]
After analyzing NWA’s wants and needs for 76-seat feeder flying, and through direct negotiations with management, a maximum number of 55 aircraft configured with 51–76 seats was agreed to. This number approximates the number needed to replace the remaining 35 AVRO aircraft, upgrade some existing 50-seat aircraft routes, and perhaps explore some new route opportunities. An increase in this cap to a total of 90 51–76-seat aircraft was agreed to in the event NWA creates an affiliate feeder airline (which we currently refer to as “SJet”). The additional 35 aircraft will allow NWA to expand into new markets and rationalize current flying by adding frequency and/or shifting DC-9s to other routes.

The TA also allows for (i) an increase above the 90-aircraft limit on a one-for-one basis when 77–110-seat aircraft are introduced to the mainline, and (ii) an annual increase of three aircraft after the amendable date provided that at least 10 77–110-seat aircraft are in active service at the mainline (annual increase of five aircraft if at least 15 77–110-seat aircraft are in service at the mainline).

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]51–76-Seat Small Jets (SJ) at Nonaffiliate Feeder Carrier[/FONT]
• Aircraft may be certified for up to 86 seats (90 for the
Long Range CRJ900), but may only be configured with
up to 76 seats
• Maximum of 55 aircraft allowed (lower cap)
�� Includes current 35 AVRO aircraft at Mesaba
�� Net increase of 20 additional aircraft over current
agreement *****(A NET INCREASE OF 20 AIRCRAFT MEANS THAT THE FIRST 35 AIRCRAFT GO TO MESABA)*****

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]IOW, the AVROs will be the first aircraft to be replaced with the new jets. This language states such, and it was stated so in the meetings I attended.[/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]---Mesaba gets 35 jets to replace the AVROs[/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]---there can be an addition 20 (up to the 55 imit)[/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]---then another increase of 35[/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]---the ratios start involving NB aircraft totals, & there is a penalty if the ratios aren't met. Mesaba gets the first aircraft, & they'd be the last taken away. [/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Some stab in the back.[/FONT]

...just because you make more money and fly a bigger aircraft than someone, does not make you better, and definately not a better pilot.

My response was to compare pay rates of an RJ captain vs. a mainline FO.

In no way do I think flying a larger airplane, or flying for a larger airline makes you a better pilot. I have respect for all aviators, regardless of employer, or seat position. If my comments reflected otherwise I apologize.

Last edited:
Let's all get in to a big pissing match about everything and bark at each other like neighborhood dogs. Oh, nevermind. I guess our managements can just sit back and watch us divide ourselves until no single group is united enough to hold the bar at ANY level.

Real class act guys.

CubanSmoker said:
Let's all get in to a big pissing match about everything and bark at each other like neighborhood dogs. Oh, nevermind. I guess our managements can just sit back and watch us divide ourselves until no single group is united enough to hold the bar at ANY level.

Real class act guys.

That is really crappy beer.

CubanSmoker said:

Real class act guys.
Put down the crack pipe...

Unity? Between two disparate groups with the animosity that now exists?

Dream on... For there to be "unity", ALL the pilot groups will have to band together UNDER ONE UNION for representation. Otherwise, everyone goes after their own agenda regardless of what it does to any other pilot group. The NWA pilots just demonstrated that and it will be a decade before they get another chance.

Too much animosity and too much of a sh*tstorm still coming down the pike for MSA pilots for you to even DREAM of thinking we could all hold hands.

Nice thought, but zero to nil chance of realization...

Latest resources

Back