• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Second Tentative Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did someone decide to follow their own advice (put up or shut up)?
It's kinda quiet in here all of a sudden.

PS: NMB here we come...

TurboAWD said:
Well, look at Horizon rates for CRJ700 (for starters). Smaller airplane, more pay. Also (if I recall correctly) profit sharing, trip rigs and duty rigs.
Max CA around $121 (BTW even the Q400 turboprop tops at $111)

Also see below for max CA/FO (again, CRJ 700, smaller AC than Compass):
Comair $108/47 (after concessions, I think but not sure)
ASA $102/44

Now for the REAL pisser:
Max MAINLINE nw EMB195 CA $105 (4th yr FO $47)

Dear severely mental retarted person:

Where are you getting these numbers from? Just pulling them out of your A$$. Look again at the pay rates and compare apples to apples. NWA pay rates do not go out to 18+ years for 77-100 seats. Wonder why? NWA mainline flies much larger airplanes than Horizon, Comair and ASA. We will not (should not) have 18 year Captains flying 76+ seat equipment. We didn't need to negotiate the pay scales that far out. Those 18 year Captains will be on much larger airplanes. Compare the average 10 year Captain rates (which we shouldn't have many, if any, 10 year captains on these as well) for the above carriers to NWA mainline. They are: ASA $81.00, Comair 74.00, Horizon 95.00 and NWA MAINLINE 95.00. Sit down, shut up and have an extra helping of CROW.

ummm.....i just skipped to the last page, so i dont get why you guys are talking about pilot pay on a thread titled F/A reject secont TA.....

I was wondering if anything new has come up with the NW F/A's.....D-day is tomorrow nite at 2200cst.....Is NW AFA still planning in CHAOS??

Actually, it's 2200 Eastern time, 2100 CDT where the company is headquartered and the litigation is probably still ongoing today - the company is probably trying to force an appeal of the ruling that the F/A's can, indeed, walk.

The reason it got on pilot pay is because, as always, these conversations of late degenerate into the F/A's having the balls to play hardball and the pilots don't, probably in large because if NWA really WAS in trouble of liquidating (which they weren't according to the financial data that's come out over the last few months), a pilot strike would destroy the company.

It basically went downhill from there over NWA pilots giving up scope and creating a new low-rung feeder carrier in terms of pay and work rules. It's about career expectancy and more jets are regional carriers mean that a regional pilot who has already been at a regional 8-10 years can expect to reach that 13-15 year pay before getting hired at a legacy like Northwest. It basically was ALPA legacy pilots kneecapping their young... again... just to preserve what they have rather than really taking the gamble, like the F/A's are prepared to do.

blackbox said:
ummm.....i just skipped to the last page, so i dont get why you guys are talking about pilot pay on a thread titled F/A reject secont TA.....

I was wondering if anything new has come up with the NW F/A's.....D-day is tomorrow nite at 2200cst.....Is NW AFA still planning in CHAOS??

Federal judge issued injunction stopping the F/A's from striking.

flyzjetz said:
Federal judge issued injunction stopping the F/A's from striking.

Now what? Do you strike and go against the injunction, is it a "legal" strike now?

I am pulling for you to come out of this in good shape but I think the current Bush admin. is more company friendly than Union friendly!!!

paid4training said:
Now what? Do you strike and go against the injunction, is it a "legal" strike now?

I am pulling for you to come out of this in good shape but I think the current Bush admin. is more company friendly than Union friendly!!!

I think American Airlines pilots can surely answer that question about whether to go against the injunction!! The answer is no it's not legal to strike.

Don't you love the irony/hypocrisy? A Judge probably making well into 6 figures telling labor it's illegal for them to strike for better pay? It's time to put this b|tch to bed!!! STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE!

How can this possibly be legal? The company forced the 40% paycut on them but they aren't free to go for self help? That's not legal at all. That is forced servitude. The f/a's never agreed to the 40% cut but the company went and did it anyway. This makes no sense at all. The company should be forced to pay the f/a's the old pay until this is resolved.

This Bush administration is really a piece of work.

Actually in Chapter 11

You are free to quit at any time so it is not indentured sevitude. You can wait out the proceedings and the court can find a bunch of different solutions, but patience is the answer unless you have had enough, then walk away.

Latest resources

Back