• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

North American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, I've read two of them. Jan. 14 deals with a "Global Pilots Alliance." An utter waste of resources as far as ATA pilots are concerned.

So Hal, you would rather have no relationship with the other carriers, not formalize how we work together, or not even work together at all? You don't want to help facilitate trust amongst the pilot groups?

And Jan. 31, "From the Chairman" says ATA is going for a grievance, Sec. 1E, to try and force single carrrier status. Says you have "built up a relationship" with the other two carriers. If you've followed this sight, then you'll notice that World isn't interested in a merger.....

You're basing this opinion on two posts on this "sight?" You don't think there are pilots at the other carriers that understand the concept of "whipsawing?" Also, these grievances will not force a "single carrier." The remedy would be an integration of the lists, not necessarily a merger. A single carrier is an entirely different animal.

Teaming arrangements for military contracts. ATA, Omni, and I think UPS are on one. World, NAA and FDX are on another.

70%+ of GAL's revenue is from the military. If ATA is merged with World/NAA then the team must be broken up. GAL loses lots of money.

Got it.
I'm new to this DOD stuff
Thanx

So Hal, you would rather have no relationship with the other carriers, not formalize how we work together, or not even work together at all? You don't want to help facilitate trust amongst the pilot groups?

It's not going to protect my job. The GAL "girls and boys" have been communicating for months without the need to formalize, i.e. spend money, anything. The wipsawing is going on already. Should have been stopped or ameliorated months ago.

You're basing this opinion on two posts on this "sight?" You don't think there are pilots at the other carriers that understand the concept of "whipsawing?" Also, these grievances will not force a "single carrier." The remedy would be an integration of the lists, not necessarily a merger. A single carrier is an entirely different animal.

Sorry to offend. Site it is. My view is that no one is doing anything about it until now, and that's because the sky falling at ATA, again.

I don't really think the pilots at World or NAA really care, on or off this site.

315 (293 involuntarily) are still furloughed from ATA, Seth. ALPA has done nothing to at least get NAA and World to hire them! Why? They're both hiring.

When ATA sheds its "Scheds" what is ALPA going to do to get the resultant affected pilots to flow with the airplanes? You know as well as I that our fragmentation language is weak. Remember, no ALPA lawyer looked at it?

I don't really think the pilots at World or NAA really care, on or off this site.

As one World pilot, I do care. I am sure this goes for many others. If it was up to me, I would absolutely give preferential interviews. With that in mind, I will fight tooth and nail against any kind of merging of the seniority lists.

I might approve if all existing pilots were grandfathered and protected with regard to pay, seats, monthly bids, upgrades etc. However, let's be realistic. A zero displacement merger will never happen.

As one NAA pilot I care also. I have flown here with quite a few of those furloughed pilots, so we are hiring them. The only ones we don;t hire are the one who don't apply.

NAA Interview

Interviewed on Jan 30th. I just found this thread tonight and now I'm wondering how good of an idea it was (former TWA pilot that doesn't want to go back)!

For what its worth, we have many former TWA people here, some are upgrading right now. Its a pretty good place to be right now. Futures are uncertain no matter where you are. One thing though, we are pretty much insulated from the rising fuel cost, because most of our flying is military.

Noth American VS. Southern Air

In need of some quick guidance/advise. Interviewed at NAA last week, they're doing bakcground checks on me (I received a letter from the credit bureaus) and today I got a call to start training at Souther Air on Monday. I am on a very sort time frame; so, if any one on this thread from North American can call me today, it would be highly appreciated (also former TWA that doesn't want to go back to AA).

Thanks,

Randy
(541)891-2628

Thanks!

Thanks for the calls last week!. A couple of the NAA guys really helped me out with info and advise. I still had to call the assistant chief pilot and was informed that NAA might hire in two weeks or three months; so, I took the job at Southern. Good luck to all of you!

RP

Thanks for the calls last week!. A couple of the NAA guys really helped me out with info and advise. I still had to call the assistant chief pilot and was informed that NAA might hire in two weeks or three months; so, I took the job at Southern. Good luck to all of you!

RP

Good for you. Enjoy flying the Whale around the world!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back